The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,158,863 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-7896Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition Software Online Help, as used in HP Device Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Tiered Storage Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Replication Manager 6.x and 7.x before 7.6.1-06, and HP XP7 Global Link Manager Software (aka HGLM) […]
- CVE-2014-8160 (linux_kernel)net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8617Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Web Action Quarantine Release feature in the WebGUI in Fortinet FortiMail before 4.3.9, 5.0.x before 5.0.8, 5.1.x before 5.1.5, and 5.2.x before 5.2.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the release parameter to module/releasecontrol.
- CVE-2014-8921 (notes_traveler_companion)The IBM Notes Traveler Companion application 1.0 and 1.1 before 201411010515 for Window Phone, as distributed in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1, does not properly restrict the number of executions of the automatic configuration option, which makes it easier for remote attackers to capture credentials by conducting a phishing attack involving an encrypted e-mail me […]
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Tennessee Promise drives 38,000 FAFSA applications goo.gl/ieVn3c http://t.co/8dTqRVHnhd 6 hours ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will be closed on 3/5/2015 due to Weather 7 hours ago
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 1 week ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 1 week ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Internet
This analyzer helps you to debug dozens of features that have a direct effect on your internet connection. From Berkeley, this analyzer loads a small Java file to your computer. Link
Jay, one of our students, was using a visual trace route on his iPad to see how many hops it took to go from Shelbyville, Tn. to a business in Ohio. Amazingly he went from – Shelbyville, TN Murfreesboro, TN … Continue reading
Over the years, you have learned that you can go to a website by simply typing the name of the website. Such as – http://www.wordpress.com Did you know if you ping it, it will return the webserver’s address and you … Continue reading
These tips work on Snap Servers and NAS devices that say they are NOT Vista, 7 and 8 capable and XP workstations that will not connect. Option 1 When connecting Vista, 7 or 8 to XP, if you have problems, … Continue reading
There’s big talk about Rabbit TV, the usb stick that delivers TV, live streaming, movies and more. Curious about any technology that is out there, I purchased one for $9.99 at a local drug store with a one year free … Continue reading
“Anonymous’ failed attack against Israeli websites last month has left security experts cautiously optimistic that the hacktivist group will be unsuccessful in its plans to disrupt U.S. government and banking sites. Anonymous plans to launch distributed denial of service (DDoS) … Continue reading