The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,156,127 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- CVE-2013-7421The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-2188 (ios)The Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS does not properly handle invalid AAA return codes from RADIUS and TACACS+ servers, which allows remote attackers to bypass authentication in opportunistic circumstances via a connection attempt that triggers an invalid code, as demonstrated by a connection attempt with a blank password, aka Bug IDs CSCuo09400 and […]
- CVE-2014-8160net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8921The IBM Notes Traveler Companion application 1.0 and 1.1 before 201411010515 for Window Phone, as distributed in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1, does not properly restrict the number of executions of the automatic configuration option, which makes it easier for remote attackers to capture credentials by conducting a phishing attack involving an encrypted e-mail me […]
- CVE-2014-9644The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a parenthesized module template expression in the salg_name field, as demonstrated by the vfat(aes) expression, a different vulnerability than CVE-2013-7421.
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 5 days ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 6 days ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 1 week ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 1 week ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 1 week ago
Tag Archives: windows networking
Although this product is in beta, it’s first appearance appears to be very promising. Read PCWorld’s review of Glasswire, an application that can keep an eye on your computer network to see what traffic your devices are receiving and sending. Read more at … Continue reading
If you have several computers on your network and would like to see the computers on your network, Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP to speed this process up. NetBIOS allows computers to be seen by name on your network. Enabling NetBIOS … Continue reading
If you try to map a network drive and an error that specifies you are already mapped to the drive but are not, you can try several things. Run services.msc Stop the Workstation Service (This in turn will stop the … Continue reading
Why? The Golden Question All over the internet you will find information on ‘How to Subnet’. Suddenly you are thrown into a world of bits and binary and given charts of ‘How to Subnet’. But why do you subnet? Subnets … Continue reading
Usually when I resolve a problem, there seems to be an outbreak of the same problem. Lately I resolved issues with wireless networking on several laptops and a desktop by disabling the power settings. Apparently when the laptop woke, … Continue reading