- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,908,360 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- SSL not showing green lock? Here’s some things to try.
- HDD drive slow? It could be your network card…
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
- Trump Hotels Hit By 3rd Card Breach in 2 Years Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:43 pm
- Experts in Lather Over ‘gSOAP’ Security Flaw Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:30 pm
- Porn Spam Botnet Has Evil Twitter Twin Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:11 pm
- Thieves Used Infrared to Pull Data from ATM ‘Insert Skimmers’ Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:28 pm
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:26 pm
- Self-Service Food Kiosk Vendor Avanti Hacked Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:09 pm
- B&B Theatres Hit in 2-Year Credit Card Breach Friday, July 7, 2017 3:26 pm
- Who is the GovRAT Author and Mirai Botmaster ‘Bestbuy’? Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:25 am
Category Archives: Free Software
Brave browser is an excellent browser for speed and safety. Speed and Safety Blocks trackers and intrusive ads Prevents the 60% page load time latency by blocking ads Prevents the 20% load time latency from underlying code or scripts try … Continue reading
Xirrus Wi-Fi inspector is a free tool you can use to gather information about wi-fi around you. You can also use this tool to locate APs via sound very similar to using radar and sound. Have an AP you … Continue reading
What’s the top Pen Testing ISOs for 2017? Here’s my ranking and download links. Kali Linux – https://www.kali.org/downloads/ Backbox – http://www.backbox.org/downloads Cyborg Hawk – http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyborghawk1/files/latest/download Parrot Sec – http://www.parrotsec.org/download/ Deft – http://www.deftlinux.net/download/ Live Hacking OS – http://www.livehacking.com/live-hacking-cd/d Samurai – http://sourceforge.net/projects/samurai/files/ Network Security Toolkit – http://sourceforge.net/projects/nst/ PenToo – http://www.pentoo.ch/download/ Knoppix … Continue reading
Here’s a visual aid to tracert currently free at Softperfect. You can use this to see where internet delays are happening with a website. This tool comes in portable and with an installer. https://www.softperfect.com/products/worldroute/
Source: 9 Popular Password Manager Apps Found Leaking Your Secrets
In this three part series we review NetSpot a Wi-Fi survey app for Mac and Windows. In this part, we look at the Microsoft Windows version of NetSpot. NetSpot performs accurate Wi-Fi surveys that allows you to use a map … Continue reading
OWASP -The Open Web Application Security Project is an online community which creates freely-available articles, methodologies, documentation, tools, and technologies in the field of web application security. (Wikipedia) If you have wanted to learn how to test your network and … Continue reading
Microsoft offers an online training center for Microsoft Office that covers Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, OneDrive, Access and Skype for Business. The training offers videos, tips and more. You can find the training here.
Microsoft offers an easy fix tool that gets rid of Office and insures that nothing remains in your folders or registry. This tool should be use if you have errors installing Office or if you are wanting to remove … Continue reading
Need information about anything technical? Here’s a site ran by Rick over at What’s On My PC. The site BookMark4Techs is the largest resource for Technical Blogs.
Want to control your mouse with just your hand or voice commands? NPointer by neurotechnology is freeware You can also use Camera Mouse which is freeware where you can use just your head. Camera Mouse
Often we remember Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, ComboFix, RKill , Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) or Adware Removal Tool/TSA and forget about tools offered by Anti-virus software manufacturers. Here’s a few links. Kaspersky – Tools McAfee – Tools AVG – Tools BitDefender – Tools Panda Tools/Online Scan … Continue reading
Want to know what resources are being consumed by Windows and ‘see’ why your computer is so slow? WhySoSlow by Resplendence is in Beta and is an excellent program that can guide you to why your computer may be slow. … Continue reading