The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,199,475 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Driver Packs for Windows – Snappy Driver
- Is your hard drive dirty? Is NTFS Self-healing on? Why use chkdsk?
- Drive Controller Info for Windows and how to enable AHCI
- Defrag Windows Server or Workstation using Windows defrag from the command prompt
- DSI Cable for PLCs
- Enable File History in Windows 8.1 and troubleshooting
- Your Location has been Shared 5,398 Times in Last 14 Days
- SoftPerfect Free Software
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Slow SQL Connection or Network in Windows 7 - Update
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Why Do You Subnet?
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- CVE-2013-4866The LIXIL Corporation My SATIS Genius Toilet application for Android has a hardcoded Bluetooth PIN, which allows physically proximate attackers to trigger physical resource consumption (water or heat) or user discomfort.
- CVE-2013-7439Multiple off-by-one errors in the (1) MakeBigReq and (2) SetReqLen macros in include/X11/Xlibint.h in X11R6.x and libX11 before 1.6.0 allow remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted request, which triggers a buffer overflow.
- CVE-2014-5032 (glpi)GLPI before 0.84.7 does not properly restrict access to cost information, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via the cost criteria in the search bar.
- CVE-2014-8360 (glpi)Directory traversal vulnerability in inc/autoload.function.php in GLPI before 0.84.8 allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .._ (dot dot underscore) in an item type to the getItemForItemtype, as demonstrated by the itemtype parameter in ajax/common.tabs.php.
- CVE-2014-9145 (fiyo_cms)Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in Fiyo CMS 220.127.116.11 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) id parameter in an edit action to dapur/index.php; (2) cat, (3) user, or (4) level parameter to dapur/apps/app_article/controller/article_list.php; or (5) email parameter in an email action or (6) username parameter in a user action […]
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Did you know? The IT program at TCAT Shelbyville has won more than six national awards. ~ goo.gl/FRJqgy Average pay $15-$23 hr 3 days ago
- Top Five Reasons to Choose a Vocational Education goo.gl/gWXf26 and it can be free with #TNReconnect tnreconnect.gov 4 days ago
- Want to earn a Diploma or Certificate from a TCAT institution for Free? . Sign up at TNReconnect.gov-May 15th deadline 1 week ago
- TN Reconnect open house at TCAT-S a success - goo.gl/0DtL8a http://t.co/MAwnJObuSl 2 weeks ago
- TN Reconnect news article t-g.com/story/2180068.… 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: TCAT Shelbyville IT Department
Need the latest drivers for your computer? Use Snappy Driver to comb the internet for your drivers. http://sourceforge.net/projects/snappy-driver-installer/?source=typ_redirect
If you want to find out if your hard drive is dirty, simply open a command prompt and type fsutil dirty query c: You can also run ntfschk – You can now check to make sure NTFS self-healing is on. … Continue reading
Want the best performance from your HDD or SSD? Note: There is always a risk when you change settings – backup your data before doing this Enter your BIOS Is AHCI enabled on the HDD or SSD? Yes? Then you … Continue reading
Want to defrag your Server so that the performance remains optimal? You can use the built in Windows defrag for the safest defragging option. Open a Command Prompt Type defrag /C /U The above command will defrag each drive on … Continue reading
Upcoming post on how to create DSI cables (custom). PLC controller cables – How to custom make…
Microsoft empowered the users of their OS to enable File History on Windows 7. This allowed users to recover spreadsheets or data periodically if they made a mistake and wanted to recover the original. In Windows 8, file history … Continue reading
Your Location has been Shared 5,398 Times in Last 14 Days.