The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,180,562 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- 4 Exabyte download coming soon?
- Superfish, Komodia, PrivDog vulnerability test
- Three Must Have Diagnostic Tools by Windows Sysinternals
- Never stop growing
- SSD drive with Intel chipset – Performance is in RST
- Stop sponsor offers during your next Java Update
- uTorrent mining Bitcoins?
- How leaving location services on your smartphone can give away your location
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Capture Torrents with Wireshark
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)Movable Type before 5.2.6 does not properly use the Storable::thaw function, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via the comment_state parameter.
- CVE-2014-3619 (glusterfs, opensuse)The __socket_proto_state_machine function in GlusterFS 3.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a "00000000" fragment header.
- CVE-2014-6134 (installation_manager, rational_clearcase)IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0.0 before 184.108.40.206 and 8.0.1 before 220.127.116.11, when Installation Manager before 1.8.2 is used, retains cleartext server passwords in process memory throughout the installation procedure, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information by leveraging access to the installation account.
- CVE-2014-8121DB_LOOKUP in nss_files/files-XXX.c in the Name Service Switch (NSS) in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) 2.21 and earlier does not properly check if a file is open, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by performing a look-up while the database is iterated over the database, which triggers the file pointer to be reset.
- CVE-2014-8923 (security_identity_manager_adapter, tivoli_identity_manager_adapter, windows)The (1) IBM Tivoli Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 5.1.24 and (2) IBM Security Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 6.0.14 for IBM Security Identity Manager on Windows, when certain log and trace levels are configured, store the cleartext administrator password in a log file, which allows local users to obtain sensitive informati […]
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Sign up today - tnreconnect.gov/grant.shtml http://t.co/NWLAsI9eXL 4 hours ago
- RT @TCATLivingston: 1 reason people don't go back to school, $$$. #TNReconnect and 27 TCAT's are removing that problem. Visit a TCAT tomo… 7 hours ago
- Today is the day. At 10 am - 2 pm you can find out how to get your TCAT diploma through #TNReconnect. 1405 Madison Street - Shelbyville 7 hours ago
- Tomorrow is TN Reconnect Open House across the state at TCATs - 10am - 2pm - See how you can start at a TCAT tuition free. 1 day ago
- TCAT-S MTT hosts HAAS Competition for Area High School Students - goo.gl/H5j1jp http://t.co/VwHPWnWn5m 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Windows
FROM THE COMMAND PROMPT TO STOP explorer taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe TO START explorer explorer
Need to find computers, printers and other devices on a network? Here’s 8 free network scanners that can scan and find devices on your network. Angry IP Scanner MiTEC Network Scanner SZ Development network scan NirSoft Wireless Network Watcher Softperfect Wi-Fi … Continue reading
Want a reliable tool to measure your HDD or SSD speed? HD Tach 18.104.22.168 is an excellent tool originally designed to measure HDD speed for Windows XP or Windows 2000. So how can you run this program under Windows 7 … Continue reading
Over the years I have offered many tweaks – most I hope are good but I too have fallen for tweaks that give very little if any tweak (performance) to Windows. TweakHound offers news and other information on their website … Continue reading
Rick always finds some of the best freeware on the internet. He actually made this find several years ago and it’s one of the best programs to find out what is running. (Rick has a fantastic blog over at What’s … Continue reading
So you have disabled LLMNR, disabling everything but flow control under the advanced options of your network card and modified network settings using netsh2 to improve your network performance. What else can you do? Under Adapters and Bindings, found under your network adapter … Continue reading