May 2015 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,213,961 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- Clean your MSSQL TempDB file and more
- Network named incorrectly under Network and Sharing Center
- From help desk to an IT Security Officer
- BSides – If you missed an event, catch the next one
- But Macs don’t get viruses
- Free Information Technology Books
- Netgear WNR2000v2 – Mods and DD-WRT all for $3
- GUI Maintenance Program for MySQL / MSSQL and Windows
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Block ads at your router - ADBlock and Tomato Firmware
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- CVE-2014-3598The Jpeg2KImagePlugin plugin in Pillow before 2.5.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted image.
- CVE-2014-8361The miniigd SOAP service in Realtek SDK allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted NewInternalClient request.
- CVE-2015-0237Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 ignores the permission to deny snapshot creation during live storage migration between domains, which allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (prevent host start) by creating a long snapshot chain.
- CVE-2015-0257Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 uses weak permissions on the directories shared by the ovirt-engine-dwhd service and a plugin during service startup, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading files in the directory.
- CVE-2015-0532 (rsa_identity_management_and_governance)EMC RSA Identity Management and Governance (IMG) 6.9 before P04 and 6.9.1 before P01 does not properly restrict password resets, which allows remote attackers to obtain access via crafted use of the reset process for an arbitrary valid account name, as demonstrated by a privileged account.
- Sign up before May 15th for TN Reconnect. TNReconnect.gov #TNReconnect 1 day ago
- RT @Wilton_Tools: Jared a student @tcatshelbyville loves welding because it's skillful & mentally challenging #NationalWeldingMonth http://… 3 days ago
- Annual Craft Advisory meeting - TCAT-S read about accomplishments from the past year.. goo.gl/gHGZvq 4 days ago
- Will Robinson, Advisory Council Member, coordinated with Nissan to donate a Nissan Pathfinder to the Auto Tech class http://t.co/pS9lefhHot 4 days ago
- Jack Darden wins Distinguished Alumni Award. goo.gl/UFdEic http://t.co/DvElTmcB3q 4 days ago
Tag Archives: freeware
Need to scan a network? Want to find out who is on your network? Need to index a network server or shared files to find files quickly? Need to sniff a network for a rogue computer or device? Need to … Continue reading
System Information Utilities can provide you with information about your computer when planning an update of hardware or for drivers. Here’s a few system information utilities that are free. HWInfo System Spec Speccy
Need to find computers, printers and other devices on a network? Here’s 8 free network scanners that can scan and find devices on your network. Angry IP Scanner MiTEC Network Scanner SZ Development network scan NirSoft Wireless Network Watcher Softperfect Wi-Fi … Continue reading
Rick always finds some of the best freeware on the internet. He actually made this find several years ago and it’s one of the best programs to find out what is running. (Rick has a fantastic blog over at What’s … Continue reading
Want to start looking into your heritage? Gramps is a free software project and software to help track your genealogy. Gramps is currently on version 4.1.1. Link The software is portable, free and easy to use. Start adding names (People). Create … Continue reading
Need a quick way to check your network speed? You can use TotuSoft’s Lan Speed Test. This small (124kb), excellent program allows you to transfer data packets from one computer to another across your network. TotuSoft offers advanced versions of … Continue reading
One of the best sites on the web is GeGeek. GeGeek has over 300 tools (freeware) that you can download for troubleshooting any computer. How can it possibly get more powerful? Use Rufus USB to create a bootable ISO … Continue reading