Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,209,464 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- BSides – If you missed an event, catch the next one
- But Macs don’t get viruses
- Free Information Technology Books
- Netgear WNR2000v2 – Mods and DD-WRT all for $3
- GUI Maintenance Program for MySQL / MSSQL and Windows
- Defrag multiple drives at the same time
- (In My Opinion) – Best Dedicated Photo Resizer Out There
- A 5 Stars Windows Repair Utility
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- See What Ports are Open on Your Computer and What is a Port Number?-Updated
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Cyber Threat Maps
- CVE-2014-3586 (jboss_enterprise_application_platform)The default configuration for the Command Line Interface in Red Hat Enterprise Application Platform before 6.4.0 and WildFly (formerly JBoss Application Server) uses weak permissions for .jboss-cli-history, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2014-5361 (landesk_management_suite)Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in Landesk Management Suite 9.6 and earlier allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that (1) start, (2) stop, or (3) restart services via a request to remote/serverServices.aspx.
- CVE-2014-5370 (blue_dragon)Directory traversal vulnerability in the CFChart servlet (com.naryx.tagfusion.cfm.cfchartServlet) in New Atlanta BlueDragon before 220.127.116.1127 allows remote attackers to read or possibly delete arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the QUERY_STRING to cfchart.cfchart.
- CVE-2014-8111 (tomcat_connectors)Apache Tomcat Connectors (mod_jk) before 1.2.41 ignores JkUnmount rules for subtrees of previous JkMount rules, which allows remote attackers to access otherwise restricted artifacts via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2014-8125 (drools, jbpm)XML external entity (XXE) vulnerability in Drools and jBPM before 6.2.0 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files or possibly have other unspecified impact via a crafted BPMN2 file.
- CVE-2014-3586 (jboss_enterprise_application_platform)
- TNReconnect.gov- Free college? 5/15 deadline. Don't live near Shelbyville? TCATs- goo.gl/7Xtz6F http://t.co/f544elkavk 12 hours ago
- Technical College May Now Be Free In Tennessee, But Few Seem To Realize It - Nashville Public Radio goo.gl/Xdl9Sf #TNReconnect 2 days ago
- RT @Wilton_Tools: Thanks to Tim & students at @tcatshelbyville for their contribution to the Welding Industry! #NationalWeldingMonth http:/… 5 days ago
- Learning never stops #TNReconnect - May 15th deadline. 6 days ago
- Carl Marshal, alumni-earned his CEH, Carl graduated @tcatshelbyville, earned his B.S. now is working on his masters. http://t.co/KNYtLwsfWV 6 days ago
Tag Archives: Internet speed
First off, how does the Receive Windows Auto-Tuning work? This feature basically lets Windows monitor the routing conditions in your network. Conditions can be things such as application delay, network delay or actual bandwidth. This allows connections to … Continue reading
There are dozens of tips on the web from MTU size to tweaking network card or wireless router alternate firmware. What isn’t covered a lot is DNS queries. DNS or Domain Name Services is used when you type the … Continue reading
ICSI Netalyzer is an excellent online tool that measures over 100 areas of your internet connectivity. Use this to troubleshoot your internet connectivity. Hosted by the University of Berkeley, this online tool is a must have when optimizing your network. http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/ … Continue reading
Almost everyone is familiar with testing their internet for speed. With sites such as Testmy.net, a true internet speed test and Speedtest.net, you can see how fast your internet is (download and upload speeds) performing. But what about quality? … Continue reading
MTU Ping Test Want to determine the optimal MTU for your ISP connection? Go to Search or Run (Windows 7 vs. XP) Type in cmd. Hit the enter. A Command prompt window will open. Type ping http://www.speedtest.net -f -l 1500 and hit Enter (or … Continue reading
I originally saw this Freeware over at What’s On My PC. Dns jumper v1.0.4 is a great piece of software to speed up your internet connection. A lways take IPv6 into consideration over the upcoming year.