The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,181,142 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- SoftPerfect Free Software
- 4 Exabyte download coming soon?
- Superfish, Komodia, PrivDog vulnerability test
- Three Must Have Diagnostic Tools by Windows Sysinternals
- Never stop growing
- SSD drive with Intel chipset – Performance is in RST
- Stop sponsor offers during your next Java Update
- uTorrent mining Bitcoins?
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Capture Torrents with Wireshark
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Block ads at your router - ADBlock and Tomato Firmware
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)Movable Type before 5.2.6 does not properly use the Storable::thaw function, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via the comment_state parameter.
- CVE-2014-3619 (glusterfs, opensuse)The __socket_proto_state_machine function in GlusterFS 3.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a "00000000" fragment header.
- CVE-2014-6134 (installation_manager, rational_clearcase)IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0.0 before 126.96.36.199 and 8.0.1 before 188.8.131.52, when Installation Manager before 1.8.2 is used, retains cleartext server passwords in process memory throughout the installation procedure, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information by leveraging access to the installation account.
- CVE-2014-8121DB_LOOKUP in nss_files/files-XXX.c in the Name Service Switch (NSS) in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) 2.21 and earlier does not properly check if a file is open, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by performing a look-up while the database is iterated over the database, which triggers the file pointer to be reset.
- CVE-2014-8923 (security_identity_manager_adapter, tivoli_identity_manager_adapter, windows)The (1) IBM Tivoli Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 5.1.24 and (2) IBM Security Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 6.0.14 for IBM Security Identity Manager on Windows, when certain log and trace levels are configured, store the cleartext administrator password in a log file, which allows local users to obtain sensitive informati […]
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- TN Reconnect news article t-g.com/story/2180068.… 2 hours ago
- Times-Gazette pictures from TN Reconnect open house t-g.com/gallery/tcat-r… 2 hours ago
- Sign up today - tnreconnect.gov/grant.shtml http://t.co/NWLAsI9eXL 22 hours ago
- RT @TCATLivingston: 1 reason people don't go back to school, $$$. #TNReconnect and 27 TCAT's are removing that problem. Visit a TCAT tomo… 1 day ago
- Today is the day. At 10 am - 2 pm you can find out how to get your TCAT diploma through #TNReconnect. 1405 Madison Street - Shelbyville 1 day ago
Category Archives: Business
I usually don’t review hardware products but I felt a need to review HP’s Pavilion 11t-n000 x360. My father-in-law wanted a Microsoft Surface but still wanted a keyboard and the functionality of a laptop. He also wanted to … Continue reading
Beginning with the Class of 2015, the Tennessee Promise will provide Tennessee high school graduates the opportunity to attend a community or technical college free of tuition and fees. More information about the Tennessee Promise (PDF download)
Microsoft Windows has a great update feature built in. You may not know it but Microsoft also releases HotFixes and other items that are needed for security, networking, features and other functionality. How do you find Hotfixes and other items … Continue reading
How can you tie your cloud storage services together? It’s actually easy if you use MultCloud. MultCloud ties together all of the most popular cloud storage services so you can upload files to multiple sites through a single … Continue reading
I discovered GE Geek through Rick at What’s On My PC. GE Geek is a resource like no other. The time and dedication to linking and uploading the thousands of resources at GE Geek is commendable. The best feature by far … Continue reading
150 FREE Microsoft eBooks – largest collection ever Thanks to Jonathan for remembering to email me the latest Microsoft Blog link about free ebooks. EBoooks link Given the amount my readers enjoy these posts and these free resources, I am … Continue reading
Don’t forget, the fastest hard drive without IPv6 ….check your network info here Attached are guides on creating a roaming profile with Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2. (Thanks to Mr. Ledlow for creating these) Guides are in PDF Step One … Continue reading