- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
August 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,928,249 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Private Cloud freeware? Try Tonido
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- Beware of Security by Press Release Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:40 pm
- Alleged vDOS Operators Arrested, Charged Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:43 pm
- Critical Security Fixes from Adobe, Microsoft Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:35 pm
- Flash Player is Dead, Long Live Flash Player! Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:17 pm
- New Bill Seeks Basic IoT Security Standards Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:32 pm
- Suspended Sentence for Mirai Botmaster Daniel Kaye Friday, July 28, 2017 9:13 pm
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Tag Archives: Wi-Fi
Xirrus Wi-Fi inspector is a free tool you can use to gather information about wi-fi around you. You can also use this tool to locate APs via sound very similar to using radar and sound. Have an AP you … Continue reading
Need to scan a network? Want to find out who is on your network? Need to index a network server or shared files to find files quickly? Need to sniff a network for a rogue computer or device? Need to … Continue reading
2.4 Ghz? 5 Ghz? How about 60 Ghz? Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) said it has developed a Wi-Fi technology that can increase data transmission speeds by five times the maximum rate possible with existing consumer electronics devices. The 60 GHz … Continue reading
It is important to perform a wi-fi survey so that you can determine not only the perfect place to locate your access point or bridge but to gain an understanding of the channel co-existence challenge you may face. With wireless … Continue reading
Acrylic Wi-Fi real-time WLAN information and network analysis monitors – Access points (SSID/BSSID) Signal level Inventory Channels Security Other features include – Hidden networks: Detailed information for hidden WLAN networks. Get hidden networks SSID names with monitor mode capture. Packet … Continue reading
My two personal favorite Wi-Fi Inspectors are NetSurveyor and inSSIDer. Another great application is Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector which is a powerful tool for managing and troubleshooting the Wi-Fi on a Windows XP, Vista, or 7laptop. Built in tests enable you … Continue reading
Overture provides a small download package that integrates with Bing maps so you can design your wireless network online. Overture offers dozens of options to create a detailed wi-fi network.
More than 73% of corporate network devices had at least one known security vulnerability, nearly double the 38% recorded in last year’s report……More Than 73% Of Network Devices Contain At Least One Known Vulnerability – Dark Reading.
Here’s an excellent article and breakdown of Linksys (now Cisco) routers.
The Alfa 802.11 g/n wireless usb adapter is one of the strongest on the market. This adapter fits desktops and laptops alike and retails under $40.00. The SMC antenna is removable and a high gain antenna can be place on … Continue reading
How Wi-Fi attackers are poisoning Web browsers (~ Richie)
outSSIDer scans for open WiFi networks and automatically tries to connect to the access points. Link inSSIDer with GPS (unrelated to the above author)