The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,180,952 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- 4 Exabyte download coming soon?
- Superfish, Komodia, PrivDog vulnerability test
- Three Must Have Diagnostic Tools by Windows Sysinternals
- Never stop growing
- SSD drive with Intel chipset – Performance is in RST
- Stop sponsor offers during your next Java Update
- uTorrent mining Bitcoins?
- How leaving location services on your smartphone can give away your location
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Capture Torrents with Wireshark
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Red X on network icon - Windows 7
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- NTop for Windows
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)Movable Type before 5.2.6 does not properly use the Storable::thaw function, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via the comment_state parameter.
- CVE-2014-3619 (glusterfs, opensuse)The __socket_proto_state_machine function in GlusterFS 3.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a "00000000" fragment header.
- CVE-2014-6134 (installation_manager, rational_clearcase)IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0.0 before 18.104.22.168 and 8.0.1 before 22.214.171.124, when Installation Manager before 1.8.2 is used, retains cleartext server passwords in process memory throughout the installation procedure, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information by leveraging access to the installation account.
- CVE-2014-8121DB_LOOKUP in nss_files/files-XXX.c in the Name Service Switch (NSS) in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) 2.21 and earlier does not properly check if a file is open, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by performing a look-up while the database is iterated over the database, which triggers the file pointer to be reset.
- CVE-2014-8923 (security_identity_manager_adapter, tivoli_identity_manager_adapter, windows)The (1) IBM Tivoli Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 5.1.24 and (2) IBM Security Identity Manager Active Directory adapter before 6.0.14 for IBM Security Identity Manager on Windows, when certain log and trace levels are configured, store the cleartext administrator password in a log file, which allows local users to obtain sensitive informati […]
- CVE-2013-2184 (movable_type)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Sign up today - tnreconnect.gov/grant.shtml http://t.co/NWLAsI9eXL 16 hours ago
- RT @TCATLivingston: 1 reason people don't go back to school, $$$. #TNReconnect and 27 TCAT's are removing that problem. Visit a TCAT tomo… 20 hours ago
- Today is the day. At 10 am - 2 pm you can find out how to get your TCAT diploma through #TNReconnect. 1405 Madison Street - Shelbyville 20 hours ago
- Tomorrow is TN Reconnect Open House across the state at TCATs - 10am - 2pm - See how you can start at a TCAT tuition free. 1 day ago
- TCAT-S MTT hosts HAAS Competition for Area High School Students - goo.gl/H5j1jp http://t.co/VwHPWnWn5m 2 days ago
Tag Archives: windows server
FROM THE COMMAND PROMPT TO STOP explorer taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe TO START explorer explorer
What happens when you are in a hurry and you have to replace a server motherboard? You run the server with the protective plastic shield for three years without incident. Three years ago we had to replace a motherboard on … Continue reading
Want to know how to be an administrator of Windows Server 2012 R2? This 7900+ page document has everything you want to know about Microsoft’s latest server. Included in this massive manual is- Technical Scenarios Install and Deploy Windows Server … Continue reading
You can map a network drive using a script or batch file. Open up Notepad Type the following in substituting computer with the computer you are connecting to. You will also substitute the folder with the folder name that is … Continue reading
New IT professionals may think that adding a second network card will improve throughput. While this can be true, IT personnel need to be aware of several rules behind configuring multiple network cards. Assuming the server will be in the … Continue reading
If you have slow or non responsive program properties; such as a database or other network program…Right Click on My Computer, go to Properties, select Hardware, Device Manager, click the + sign on Network, Right Click on your network card, … Continue reading
Another way to get detailed IP address information and control the Windows Firewall by a command line
You’ve probably used IPConfig to get your IP address and have even used IPConfig /all. So what is another way to see your configuration? netsh interface ip show config This command gives your NIC card information What if you … Continue reading