Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,217,815 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- Network Connections folder empty
- Find and set your optimal MTU setting to improve your connectivity
- Network troubleshooting with Netsh
- Optimize Your Windows 7 or Windows Vista Internet Connection
- Clean your MSSQL TempDB file and more
- Network named incorrectly under Network and Sharing Center
- From help desk to an IT Security Officer
- BSides – If you missed an event, catch the next one
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- See What Ports are Open on Your Computer and What is a Port Number?-Updated
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Why Do You Subnet?
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- From help desk to an IT Security Officer
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- CVE-2014-3598 (opensuse, pillow)The Jpeg2KImagePlugin plugin in Pillow before 2.5.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted image.
- CVE-2014-8361 (dir-600l, dir-600l_firmware, dir-605l, dir-605l_firmware, dir-619l, dir-619l_firmware, dir-809, dir-809_firmware, dir-905l, dir-905l_firmware, realtek_sdk)The miniigd SOAP service in Realtek SDK allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted NewInternalClient request.
- CVE-2015-0237 (enterprise_virtualization_manager)Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 ignores the permission to deny snapshot creation during live storage migration between domains, which allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (prevent host start) by creating a long snapshot chain.
- CVE-2015-0257 (enterprise_virtualization_manager)Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 uses weak permissions on the directories shared by the ovirt-engine-dwhd service and a plugin during service startup, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading files in the directory.
- CVE-2015-0532 (rsa_identity_management_and_governance)EMC RSA Identity Management and Governance (IMG) 6.9 before P04 and 6.9.1 before P01 does not properly restrict password resets, which allows remote attackers to obtain access via crafted use of the reset process for an arbitrary valid account name, as demonstrated by a privileged account.
- CVE-2014-3598 (opensuse, pillow)
- Graduation /Prefect Attendance goo.gl/u0igjK Go look at all of the pics of Perfect Attendance and Graduates http://t.co/hdE4q61ApY 1 day ago
- TNReconnect.gov - Free college? 5/15 deadline. Don't live near Shelbyville? TCATs- goo.gl/7Xtz6F http://t.co/24xTAdCaKa 1 day ago
- If you missed our digital sign, TNReconnect has a deadline....multiple locations in the state... http://t.co/0sqngBx4wC 1 day ago
- RT @Wilton_Tools: Daniel, a @tcatshelbyville student, said that becoming a #welder was the best decision he's ever made! http://t.co/aHUeHd… 2 days ago
- Daniel, a @tcatshelbyville student, said that becoming a #welder was the best decision he's ever made! ~ Wilton Tools http://t.co/1jAByVpIiN 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Windows Server 2008 R2
Don’t forget, the fastest hard drive without IPv6 ….check your network info here Attached are guides on creating a roaming profile with Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2. (Thanks to Mr. Ledlow for creating these) Guides are in PDF Step One … Continue reading
Does your DHCP Server stop responding to DHCP requests? Here’s the hotfix by Microsoft.
Great tip from Josh – If Microsoft Server R2 or Windows 7 is stuck rebooting while configuring updates (pic below), follow these steps – Boot from the Server 2008 DVD (or Windows 7) Select the command prompt Type del c:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml … Continue reading
UPDATE-2014 driver now available! (Driver number will be different than what is in this article! If you have the Realteck PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter and are experiencing performance issues on your network, download the latest driver. The driver (Version … Continue reading
Another way to get detailed IP address information and control the Windows Firewall by a command line
You’ve probably used IPConfig to get your IP address and have even used IPConfig /all. So what is another way to see your configuration? netsh interface ip show config This command gives your NIC card information What if you … Continue reading
Before rebooting a server, you should see who has open files so you won’t corrupt data or knock a user offline. Server 2008 has moved where you can view these. To see the open files, right click on computer. … Continue reading