- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 3,082,744 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Some Basic Rules for Securing Your IoT Stuff Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:36 pm
- Serial SWATter Tyler “SWAuTistic” Barriss Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:41 am
- Canadian Police Charge Operator of Hacked Password Service Leakedsource.com Monday, January 15, 2018 4:44 pm
- Bitcoin Blackmail by Snail Mail Preys on Those with Guilty Conscience Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:25 pm
- Microsoft’s Jan. 2018 Patch Tuesday Lowdown Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:07 pm
- Website Glitch Let Me Overstock My Coinbase Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:48 pm
- Scary Chip Flaws Raise Spectre of Meltdown Friday, January 5, 2018 8:38 pm
- Serial Swatter “SWAuTistic” Bragged He Hit 100 Schools, 10 Homes Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:15 pm
- Kansas Man Killed In ‘SWATting’ Attack Friday, December 29, 2017 9:17 pm
- Happy 8th Birthday, KrebsOnSecurity! Friday, December 29, 2017 3:29 pm
Category Archives: Microsoft Office
Need to optimize your network? Look at adjusting LocalPriority, HostPriority, DNSPriority or NetBTPriority.
Need to optimize your network? Look at adjusting LocalPriority, HostPriority, DNSPriority or NetBTPriority. (Host/DNS resolution) The tweak works by increasing the priority of four processes. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider\ LocalPriority = 4 (DWORD, the default is 499, change to 4) HostPriority = 5 (DWORD, … Continue reading
Want to make sure your Windows is up-to-date? Here’s a tip. You can go to setup in Windows 10 by clicking the gear and then clicking Update and Security. Once you click update and Security, you can see if your … Continue reading
Need access to one of the largest listings of technical bookmarks? Go over and visit – https://whatsonmypc.blog/bookmarks4techs/
Microsoft offers an online training center for Microsoft Office that covers Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, OneDrive, Access and Skype for Business. The training offers videos, tips and more. You can find the training here.
Microsoft offers an easy fix tool that gets rid of Office and insures that nothing remains in your folders or registry. This tool should be use if you have errors installing Office or if you are wanting to remove … Continue reading
When you add drives and other devices to your computer, it is good to have areas indexed so that finding files is easier. Here’s how to re-index a drive – Make sure your drive has indexing checked. You can go to … Continue reading
Want to get updates for your Office 365? Open Word 2016 or another one of your office products. Click on file, then Account – you’ll now see Update Options on the right. Click the Update Options and select Update Now.
Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2837655) RT – Error 0x80240017 Experiencing this error during a Microsoft Windows 10 Update? Download the update manually from here and the error should go away. Didn’t work? Open a command prompt as an administrator … Continue reading
Need information about anything technical? Here’s a site ran by Rick over at What’s On My PC. The site BookMark4Techs is the largest resource for Technical Blogs.
Want to share your PowerPoint on Facebook? Want others to see your slides? How about making it into a movie that others can see on your Facebook page? Here’s a great add-in from Microsoft’s Garage