- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,912,699 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- SSL not showing green lock? Here’s some things to try.
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
- Trump Hotels Hit By 3rd Card Breach in 2 Years Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:43 pm
- Experts in Lather Over ‘gSOAP’ Security Flaw Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:30 pm
- Porn Spam Botnet Has Evil Twitter Twin Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:11 pm
- Thieves Used Infrared to Pull Data from ATM ‘Insert Skimmers’ Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:28 pm
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:26 pm
- Self-Service Food Kiosk Vendor Avanti Hacked Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:09 pm
Tag Archives: Business
BYOD (Bring your own device) is a great concept and it can work. I recently read an article on an opinion that made mereally think of how some look at this concept and its security as though the IT pros … Continue reading
Some experts say existence of complex credit card fraud black market a sign that PCI isn’t effectiveFBI Credit Card Ring Bust Exposes PCI Challenges – Dark Reading.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has charged two businesses with illegally exposing the sensitive personal information of thousands of consumers by allowing peer to peer file-sharing software to be installed on their corporate computer systems…Privacy hackers | Homeland Security News Wire. The … Continue reading
Just saw a student’s post on an add-on you can get for Chrome. Adam shared a link to Collusion for Chrome at Chrome’s webstore. This add-on compiles information from the websites that bind to one another and builds a graph … Continue reading
Here’s 10 things the younger generation is doing online and how they can stop behavior that can lead to malicious theft of data and great food for thought about their online reputation. 10 things Gen Y do online.. and shouldn’t. … Continue reading
The latest generation of desk-jockey’s admitted in a recent CISCO study that they frequently ignore and/or circumvent the information technology (IT) policies of their employers, heightening corporate risk. The ISCO Connected World Technology Report surveyed some 2,800 college students and young … Continue reading
“iPads pose the worst risk as far as data leakage in concerned since they are mainly used for consumption of enterprise information in various form of documents,” says Guy Levy-Yurista, vice president of products and development for AirPatrol. “This sensitive … Continue reading
The tight IT jobs market and desire for more control over tech projects has many companies insourcing projects and growing internal staff. via Now hiring: companies move away from outsourcing to control their IT destiny.
Getting third parties that touch regulated data to comply can be as important as your own internal compliance efforts. Compliance Outside Corporate Walls – Dark Reading.
Here’s a great program that allows you to enter tasks and use dozens of tags to prioritize, schedule and make into an easy to see graph. MindOnTrack
Steve Job’s should be remembered as one of America’s greatest leaders of industry. Apple’s fame and fortune is because of this great leader. Little known to most, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were not just competitors – they were … Continue reading
Lenovo’s new ThinkPad Tablet flips the “consumerization of IT” paradigm by adding business-class capabilities, says eWEEK Labs analysts. Features include management software, full-size peripheral connectors and an optional digitizer pen. The 10.1-inch Android device offers an Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core … Continue reading
10 Ways to Give Your System Administrators a Break – Security – News & Reviews – eWeek.com. System administrators have a difficult job. They have to keep track of what users are doing, what applications are running and what information … Continue reading
The Department of Commerce’s Internet Policy Task Force released a proposal Wednesday calling for a voluntary code of conduct for companies that do business online. The Report, titled Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy, calls for a private-public partnership to … Continue reading
FillAnyPDF allows you to upload (using https) any PDF and create forms that are fillable. With many PDFs to chose from, FillAnyPDF allows you capture an electronic signature while keeping your information secure. Any PDF may be used regardless of … Continue reading
FortiClient Security Suite Review – An application that is listed on the web as free often lacks features an benefits to downloading the software. FortiClient offers a full service package that CAN legally be used by home users, and ANY … Continue reading
For the last several months, I have tried not to troll and ‘copy’ my fellow bloggers. Being in an educational institution, the resource of information that comes from these industry experts has to be recognized. Our school stays ahead of … Continue reading
Go Live Room offers a free service for users to share and hold internet conferences. Free Services Presenter and Attendees can use the following free services and any time. • Free, One Click Webinars • Audio and Video Sharing • … Continue reading
Check out this interactive map showing job demand by trade. Link With different trades and skills listed, you can adjust the chart as needed. Example Chart
This online course is free to home and business users. Users may obtain a certificate after taking a 100 question exam for a small fee. Link The course is sponsored by the FBI’s Infragard and the Center for Information Security … Continue reading