The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,159,470 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-2130Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) provides an unintentional administration web interface based on Apache Tomcat, which allows remote authenticated users to modify application files and configuration files, and consequently execute arbitrary code, by leveraging administrative privileges, aka Bug ID CSCuj83189.
- CVE-2014-7896 (xp_p9000_device_manager, xp_p9000_replication_manager, xp_p9000_tiered_storage_manager, xp7_global_link_manager_software)Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition Software Online Help, as used in HP Device Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Tiered Storage Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Replication Manager 6.x and 7.x before 7.6.1-06, and HP XP7 Global Link Manager Software (aka HGLM) […]
- CVE-2014-8160 (linux_kernel)net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8617 (fortimail)Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Web Action Quarantine Release feature in the WebGUI in Fortinet FortiMail before 4.3.9, 5.0.x before 5.0.8, 5.1.x before 5.1.5, and 5.2.x before 5.2.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the release parameter to module/releasecontrol.
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Update - TCAT Shelbyville will be closed on 3/5/2015 and 3/6/2015 - (Day and night classes) due to Weather 14 hours ago
- Tennessee Promise drives 38,000 FAFSA applications goo.gl/ieVn3c http://t.co/8dTqRVHnhd 1 day ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will be closed on 3/5/2015 due to Weather 1 day ago
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 1 week ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Business
BYOD (Bring your own device) is a great concept and it can work. I recently read an article on an opinion that made mereally think of how some look at this concept and its security as though the IT pros … Continue reading
Some experts say existence of complex credit card fraud black market a sign that PCI isn’t effectiveFBI Credit Card Ring Bust Exposes PCI Challenges – Dark Reading.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has charged two businesses with illegally exposing the sensitive personal information of thousands of consumers by allowing peer to peer file-sharing software to be installed on their corporate computer systems…Privacy hackers | Homeland Security News Wire. The … Continue reading
Just saw a student’s post on an add-on you can get for Chrome. Adam shared a link to Collusion for Chrome at Chrome’s webstore. This add-on compiles information from the websites that bind to one another and builds a graph … Continue reading
Here’s 10 things the younger generation is doing online and how they can stop behavior that can lead to malicious theft of data and great food for thought about their online reputation. 10 things Gen Y do online.. and shouldn’t. … Continue reading
The latest generation of desk-jockey’s admitted in a recent CISCO study that they frequently ignore and/or circumvent the information technology (IT) policies of their employers, heightening corporate risk. The ISCO Connected World Technology Report surveyed some 2,800 college students and young … Continue reading
“iPads pose the worst risk as far as data leakage in concerned since they are mainly used for consumption of enterprise information in various form of documents,” says Guy Levy-Yurista, vice president of products and development for AirPatrol. “This sensitive … Continue reading