- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,928,020 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Private Cloud freeware? Try Tonido
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- CVE-2006-3635 (linux_kernel)
- CVE-2009-5145 (zope)
- CVE-2011-5325 (busybox)
- CVE-2012-2771 (ffmpeg)
- CVE-2014-8903 (curam_social_program_management)
- CVE-2014-9260 (download_manager)
- CVE-2014-9262 (duplicator)
- CVE-2015-0194 (sterling_b2b_integrator, sterling_file_gateway)
- CVE-2015-1555 (zend_framework)
- Beware of Security by Press Release Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:40 pm
- Alleged vDOS Operators Arrested, Charged Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:43 pm
- Critical Security Fixes from Adobe, Microsoft Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:35 pm
- Flash Player is Dead, Long Live Flash Player! Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:17 pm
- New Bill Seeks Basic IoT Security Standards Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:32 pm
- Suspended Sentence for Mirai Botmaster Daniel Kaye Friday, July 28, 2017 9:13 pm
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Monthly Archives: July 2012
So you have installed and uninstalled programs over the years. Did you know you could have dozens or even hundreds of empty folders on your computer. Delete these Folders with Empty Folder Nuker. Empty Folder Nuker deletes … Continue reading
If you are new to computing, the internet or if you have some experience with technology, Microsoft offers an excellent online FREE curriculum to pick up basic online certificates along with two more advanced levels. Their courses teach many … Continue reading
An Introduction to Android Forensics | DFI News.
Over the course of the past year, a new crop of data hiding and steganography programs have emerged…Steganography and Smart Phones | DFI News.
Windows 7 Registry Forensics: Intrusion Related Activities | DFI News. Two possible situations arise when forensically examining a system for evidence of an intrusion: performing live incident response and/or conducting a post mortem examination of hard drives. (Read more – … Continue reading
Russia’s Top Cyber Sleuth Foils US Spies, Helps Kremlin Pals | DFI News. It’s early February in Cancun, Mexico. A group of 60 or so financial analysts, reporters, diplomats, and cybersecurity specialists shake off the previous night’s tequila and file … Continue reading
We Choose the Moon is an excellent website that offers interactive features of NASA’s Apollo program.
MTU Ping Test Want to determine the optimal MTU for your ISP connection? Go to Search or Run (Windows 7 vs. XP) Type in cmd. Hit the enter. A Command prompt window will open. Type ping http://www.speedtest.net -f -l 1500 and hit Enter (or … Continue reading
Originally posted on TCAT Shelbyville – Technical Blog:
NTCore has an excellent little program that will patch .exe files of applications letting them use 4gb of RAM. Typically these applications will use far less than the 4gb of RAM in…
The IT team at TTC Shelbyville offers innovation and leadership recognized nationally in magazines1 and in education. Under Ivan Jones, Director of the educational facility, the team consist of three personnel who teach and also maintain a complex and diverse network. … Continue reading
Kingsoft Antivius 2012 is in the top 100 of vb100 and they are also a Microsoft VIA member (Virus Information Alliance). This cloud based software named Cheetah is fast and its slick design takes very little bandwidth when connected to … Continue reading
Coursera offers online courses that are collegiate level. Take course in Biology and Life Sciences Business and Management Computer Science: Aritificial Intelligence, Robotics, Vision Computer Science: Programming and Software Engineering Computer Science: Systems, Security, Networking Computer Science: Theory Economics and … Continue reading
I originally saw this Freeware over at What’s On My PC. Dns jumper v1.0.4 is a great piece of software to speed up your internet connection. A lways take IPv6 into consideration over the upcoming year.
US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order giving government agencies unprecedented powers to control communications networks during emergencies, according to a privacy lobby group. The order — titled ‘Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions’ — gives the US … Continue reading
“If IT security departments want to truly meet the risks posed by today’s advanced threats, they need to get more scientific with how they develop their strategies. Because based on the breach statistics and malware infection rates, the old methods … Continue reading
MAC address filtering is found in your router’s settings and can be effective against the standard user that knows your password to your wireless router. A great example of this is your children’s friends. They may learn the … Continue reading
Web100 based Network Diagnostic Tool This java applet was developed to test the reliablity and operational status of your desktop computer and network connection. It does this by sending data between your computer and this remote NDT server. These tests … Continue reading
With IPv6, your computer may be exposed to the internet. Here’s a link that test your connection with NMap. Make sure your organization knows you are testing your computer’s security. NMap finds open ports and weaknesses in your security. Note … Continue reading
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/27505192] The maker of this video did an excellent job.