- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,815,879 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Alleged vDOS Owners Poised to Stand Trial Monday, March 27, 2017 1:56 pm
- Phishing 101 at the School of Hard Knocks Friday, March 24, 2017 4:03 pm
- eBay Asks Users to Downgrade Security Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:59 pm
- Student Aid Tool Held Key for Tax Fraudsters Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:07 pm
- Govt. Cybersecurity Contractor Hit in W-2 Phishing Scam Friday, March 17, 2017 10:02 pm
- Google Points to Another POS Vendor Breach Friday, March 17, 2017 12:11 am
- Four Men Charged With Hacking 500M Yahoo Accounts Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:49 am
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:50 pm
- If Your iPhone is Stolen, These Guys May Try to iPhish You Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:17 am
- Dahua, Hikvision IoT Devices Under Siege Friday, March 10, 2017 8:07 pm
Tag Archives: windows freeware
Want to uninstall programs or Windows Apps and make sure the ‘remains’ of the program/app is removed also? Geek Uninstaller is a portable program that can be download from http://www.geekuninstaller.com/ . Once you download Geek Uninstaller, unzip the file and double … Continue reading
Want a good uninstaller that will clean registry entries after uninstalling a program that is portable and fast? Wise Program Uninstaller can be downloaded from here and the portable version can be copied to a flash drive.
Need to find computers, printers and other devices on a network? Here’s 8 free network scanners that can scan and find devices on your network. Angry IP Scanner MiTEC Network Scanner SZ Development network scan NirSoft Wireless Network Watcher Softperfect Wi-Fi … Continue reading
If your computer is running slow and you need to do a little house keeping, use a program we found at What’s On My PC. Clean Windows thoroughly with Clean Master. Clean Master, is usually a program used on … Continue reading
Although this product is in beta, it’s first appearance appears to be very promising. Read PCWorld’s review of Glasswire, an application that can keep an eye on your computer network to see what traffic your devices are receiving and sending. Read more at … Continue reading
How many devices do you pass through before surfing the web? Detect Multiple Routers over at PCWinTech is an excellent program to find your routers. In the scenario below, our home computers go through a wireless router and on to … Continue reading
Bill Mullins has an excellent article on PrivaZer. This excellent software can be used to clean your computer and protect your privacy. This software can be ran as a portable app or can be installed.
So you have installed and uninstalled programs over the years. Did you know you could have dozens or even hundreds of empty folders on your computer. Delete these Folders with Empty Folder Nuker. Empty Folder Nuker deletes … Continue reading
I can’t help but visit Rick’s blog several times per week. With over 600 former students and 80 current students I try to feed them freeware, opensource and software that is used in enterprise. Rick features a bonus area that … Continue reading
Glarysoft has an excellent disk defragmentation tool that allows you to schedule, defrag drives independently or together, defrag and optimize, adjust settings and move files that are not used often or that are large to the end of the hard … Continue reading
You can easily personalize your USB drive by using USB Personalizer.