- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,908,360 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- SSL not showing green lock? Here’s some things to try.
- HDD drive slow? It could be your network card…
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
- Trump Hotels Hit By 3rd Card Breach in 2 Years Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:43 pm
- Experts in Lather Over ‘gSOAP’ Security Flaw Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:30 pm
- Porn Spam Botnet Has Evil Twitter Twin Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:11 pm
- Thieves Used Infrared to Pull Data from ATM ‘Insert Skimmers’ Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:28 pm
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:26 pm
- Self-Service Food Kiosk Vendor Avanti Hacked Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:09 pm
- B&B Theatres Hit in 2-Year Credit Card Breach Friday, July 7, 2017 3:26 pm
- Who is the GovRAT Author and Mirai Botmaster ‘Bestbuy’? Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:25 am
Monthly Archives: June 2012
For years enterprises have been trying to control peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies inside their networks, and for good reason. The efficiency with which P2P technology move large files have made P2P networks key enablers of the Internet grey market by acting … Continue reading
If you share a folder, you should only give permission to users who need access. Never share a folder to Everyone. But let’s say, that you once had access to a folder or a device such as a shared printer … Continue reading
Startup Wickr launches today with iPhone, iPad, iTouch app that ‘leaves no trace’ of text, video, and picture messagesFree App Encrypts, Destroys Mobile Messages – Dark Reading.
What is Dibbler? “Dibbler is a portable DHCPv6 implementation. Is supports stateful (i.e. IPv6 address granting) as well as stateless (i.e. option granting) autoconfiguration for IPv6. Linux 2.4/2.6/3.0, Windows XP/2003/Vista/Win7 (experimental for NT4/2000), Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD.” … Continue reading
Many entering the information security industry wonder about the basics, so what does it mean to be compliant? What are the pros and cons of making sure you adhere to a certain standard? ISO 27001 standard: Breaking the documentation … Continue reading
Instead of trying to impress everyone with bits, bytes and binary, we’re trying to put these tips in layman terms for young IT professionals (quick start guides). If you have installed your Teredo drivers and IPv6, you should receive a … Continue reading
IPv6 can be more efficient and your speed on the internet could improve. You’ve been riding the internet on a protocol (language) called TCP/IP. This protocol allowed over 4 billion devices to route and move your data packets across … Continue reading
But what is an Alternate File Stream? The Dangers of Alternate Data Streams – Files Hidden Inside of other Files An article I wrote at Brighthub explains what these are. How can you find them? AlternateStreamView is a small … Continue reading
While the transition from film to digital happened with little fanfare, the vastly different steps, processes, limitations, and vulnerabilities involved when creating a digital photograph hasn’t been widely recognized…Can Your Digital Images Withstand A Court Challenge? | DFI News.
Our ability to discover hidden information during our investigations is vital, especially as new and innovative methods continue to evolve…The Future of Steganography | DFI News.
Over the past several years, digital forensic related training and education has expanded rapidly in both the public and private sectors. Concurrently, many public (and some private) laboratories now routinely examine digital media. An all encompassing definition of the discipline … Continue reading
Two possible situations arise when forensically examining a system for evidence of an intrusion: performing live incident response and/or conducting a post mortem examination of hard drivesWindows 7 Registry Forensics: Intrusion Related Activities | DFI News.
Originally posted on TCAT Shelbyville – Technical Blog:
With Windows 8 coming out next year, can mobile computing be controlled by domains? Part of the security nightmare is the fact that mobile computers cannot be controlled. Andrew Milam used…
Microsoft Surface – We’ve used Windows 8 for a year and predicted it would be on a tablet. With a full desktop on a tablet, Office and all of your software you use in business, home and school, this tablet … Continue reading
Credit to Bill Mullins for posting this at his blog – original post at ThreatPost
An interesting article on Apple. Link
There are ways to get IPv6 working without an IPv6 compliant router. By using the drivers built into Windows (Teredo, 6to4 and isatap) and by adding your IPv6 address statically in your network properties. (Step by Step instructions coming soon) … Continue reading
Originally posted on TCAT Shelbyville – Technical Blog:
Error code 80072ee2 Link Error codes 80072efe or 80072f76 – (Windows Update Components) Fixit Link Error code 0x800A138F – Fixit Link – You may also reset your MTU with TCPOptimizer (Set to 1472)…
Call before you dig. So what happens when one of your WAN lines are dug up? Having a good policy in place and a load balancer in place can keep your organization up.