The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,199,624 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- How to enable Java in Chrome after April 2015 update
- Driver Packs for Windows – Snappy Driver
- Is your hard drive dirty? Is NTFS Self-healing on? Why use chkdsk?
- Drive Controller Info for Windows and how to enable AHCI
- Defrag Windows Server or Workstation using Windows defrag from the command prompt
- DSI Cable for PLCs
- Enable File History in Windows 8.1 and troubleshooting
- Your Location has been Shared 5,398 Times in Last 14 Days
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- Slow SQL Connection or Network in Windows 7 - Update
- CVE-2013-4866 (my_satis_genius_toilet)The LIXIL Corporation My SATIS Genius Toilet application for Android has a hardcoded Bluetooth PIN, which allows physically proximate attackers to trigger physical resource consumption (water or heat) or user discomfort.
- CVE-2013-7439Multiple off-by-one errors in the (1) MakeBigReq and (2) SetReqLen macros in include/X11/Xlibint.h in X11R6.x and libX11 before 1.6.0 allow remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted request, which triggers a buffer overflow.
- CVE-2014-5032 (glpi)GLPI before 0.84.7 does not properly restrict access to cost information, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via the cost criteria in the search bar.
- CVE-2014-8360 (glpi)Directory traversal vulnerability in inc/autoload.function.php in GLPI before 0.84.8 allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .._ (dot dot underscore) in an item type to the getItemForItemtype, as demonstrated by the itemtype parameter in ajax/common.tabs.php.
- CVE-2014-9145 (fiyo_cms)Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in Fiyo CMS 22.214.171.124 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) id parameter in an edit action to dapur/index.php; (2) cat, (3) user, or (4) level parameter to dapur/apps/app_article/controller/article_list.php; or (5) email parameter in an email action or (6) username parameter in a user action […]
- CVE-2013-4866 (my_satis_genius_toilet)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Did you know? The IT program at TCAT Shelbyville has won more than six national awards. ~ goo.gl/FRJqgy Average pay $15-$23 hr 3 days ago
- Top Five Reasons to Choose a Vocational Education goo.gl/gWXf26 and it can be free with #TNReconnect tnreconnect.gov 4 days ago
- Want to earn a Diploma or Certificate from a TCAT institution for Free? . Sign up at TNReconnect.gov-May 15th deadline 1 week ago
- TN Reconnect open house at TCAT-S a success - goo.gl/0DtL8a http://t.co/MAwnJObuSl 2 weeks ago
- TN Reconnect news article t-g.com/story/2180068.… 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: networks
Want to further optimize your network settings? Use this little known settings in Windows. (Directions are for Windows Vista and Windows 7 – settings apply to Windows XP also). Open the Network and Sharing Center Click on Change Adapter Settings … Continue reading
MAC address filtering is found in your router’s settings and can be effective against the standard user that knows your password to your wireless router. A great example of this is your children’s friends. They may learn the … Continue reading
AdapterWatch is a good program to monitor your network adapter. This software program shows detailed statistics with dozens of features. Visit NirSoft for more information.
A free visual trace route is available at YouGetSignal. Most people don’t realize that the internet uses OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) meaning that a trace from my ISP (Use the Proxy test) travels all over the U.S. just to … Continue reading
Need a way to inventory your network? OCS inventories your network and not only finds the OS, IP Address and applications but the hardware information. Weighing in at a hefty 101mb (zipped) download Open Computers and Software Inventory has been … Continue reading
A lot of discussion is always heard when ‘we’ talking about our tweaks for networking. We have found with several networks and not just our own that disabling LLMNR (Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution) improves network speed. Information on LLMNR – … Continue reading