The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,158,197 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- NTop for Windows
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-7896Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition Software Online Help, as used in HP Device Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Tiered Storage Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Replication Manager 6.x and 7.x before 7.6.1-06, and HP XP7 Global Link Manager Software (aka HGLM) […]
- CVE-2014-8160 (linux_kernel)net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8921 (notes_traveler_companion)The IBM Notes Traveler Companion application 1.0 and 1.1 before 201411010515 for Window Phone, as distributed in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1, does not properly restrict the number of executions of the automatic configuration option, which makes it easier for remote attackers to capture credentials by conducting a phishing attack involving an encrypted e-mail me […]
- CVE-2014-9283 (captcha)The BestWebSoft Captcha plugin before 4.0.7 for WordPress allows remote attackers to bypass the CAPTCHA protection mechanism and obtain administrative access via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 6 days ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 1 week ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 2 weeks ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 2 weeks ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: networks
Want to further optimize your network settings? Use this little known settings in Windows. (Directions are for Windows Vista and Windows 7 – settings apply to Windows XP also). Open the Network and Sharing Center Click on Change Adapter Settings … Continue reading
MAC address filtering is found in your router’s settings and can be effective against the standard user that knows your password to your wireless router. A great example of this is your children’s friends. They may learn the … Continue reading
AdapterWatch is a good program to monitor your network adapter. This software program shows detailed statistics with dozens of features. Visit NirSoft for more information.
A free visual trace route is available at YouGetSignal. Most people don’t realize that the internet uses OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) meaning that a trace from my ISP (Use the Proxy test) travels all over the U.S. just to … Continue reading
Need a way to inventory your network? OCS inventories your network and not only finds the OS, IP Address and applications but the hardware information. Weighing in at a hefty 101mb (zipped) download Open Computers and Software Inventory has been … Continue reading
A lot of discussion is always heard when ‘we’ talking about our tweaks for networking. We have found with several networks and not just our own that disabling LLMNR (Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution) improves network speed. Information on LLMNR – … Continue reading