The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,153,792 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Qualys® BrowserCheck
- The internet of things – Arduino
- Everything Search Engine – a search utility that’s better than Microsoft’s search
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Software
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Add GeGeek Toolkit to Hiren's CD/DVD for the ultimate troubleshooting tool
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Why Do You Subnet?
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)The send_dg function in resolv/res_send.c in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.20 does not properly reuse file descriptors, which allows remote attackers to send DNS queries to unintended locations via a large number of request that trigger a call to the getaddrinfo function.
- CVE-2014-2188 (ios)The Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS does not properly handle invalid AAA return codes from RADIUS and TACACS+ servers, which allows remote attackers to bypass authentication in opportunistic circumstances via a connection attempt that triggers an invalid code, as demonstrated by a connection attempt with a blank password, aka Bug IDs CSCuo09400 and […]
- CVE-2014-4818 (tivoli_storage_manager)dsmtca in the client in IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) 5.4.x, 5.5.x, 6.x before 6.4.3, and 7.1.x before 7.1.2 allows local users to discover the backup/restore encryption-key password via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2014-6115 (rational_insight)IBM Rational Insight 220.127.116.11 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain sensitive information via a crafted request to a Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) report URL.
- CVE-2014-8487 (enterprise_mobile_management)Kony Management (aka Enterprise Mobile Management or EMM) 1.2 and earlier allows remote authenticated users to read (1) arbitrary messages via the messageId parameter to selfservice/managedevice/getMessageBody or (2) requests via the requestId parameter to selfservice/devicemgmt/getDeviceInfoTab.htm.
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 2 days ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 3 days ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 1 week ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 1 week ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 1 week ago
Tag Archives: higher education
Three former students recently contacted me to update me on their careers. There’s always a question before they leave college. How long will I work help desk? We wrote an article several years ago – “It takes time in the trenches … Continue reading
Beginning with the Class of 2015, the Tennessee Promise will provide Tennessee high school graduates the opportunity to attend a community or technical college free of tuition and fees. More information about the Tennessee Promise (PDF download)
I encourage my students to go over and visit Rick, Paul and Bill’s blog. In 2009, Rick posted a link to a Scientific American article on How Hackers Steal Secrets from Reflections. Great Article. With our students going through some … Continue reading
Tablet or Laptop for college? As high school students take the summer off and begin to prepare for college, we are often asked what technology students should get for college. Here’s our answer. Both – maybe. Why? Laptops provide … Continue reading
An unnecessary path to tech: A Bachelor’s degree. An excellent article on education and technical careers from Computerworld. TCAT Shelbyville”s CIT program has a 98% retention and 92%+ placement. Is a degree worth the money? Yes, after you start … Continue reading
(L-R) Mike Miller, Assistant IT Manager, Dawn Babain, Network Administrator-LMS Specialist, Ivan Jones, TCAT Director and Steve Mallard, IT Manager More information on the CIT Program “The National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc) is … Continue reading
According to the study, the most sought-after quality is a broad knowledge of security — more of a strategic understanding than technical know-how – followed by certifications. Read More Opinion – While certifications are an important part of IT, the … Continue reading