- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,865,789 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Trump’s Dumps: ‘Making Dumps Great Again’ Friday, May 26, 2017 4:45 am
- MolinaHealthcare.com Exposed Patient Records Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:08 pm
- Should SaaS Companies Publish Customers Lists? Monday, May 22, 2017 8:53 pm
- Private Eye Allegedly Used Leaky Goverment Tool in Bid to Find Tax Data on Trump Monday, May 22, 2017 8:11 pm
- Fraudsters Exploited Lax Security at Equifax’s TALX Payroll Division Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:23 pm
- Breach at DocuSign Led to Targeted Email Malware Campaign Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:34 am
- Global ‘Wana’ Ransomware Outbreak Earned Perpetrators $26,000 So Far Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:10 pm
- Microsoft Issues WanaCrypt Patch for Windows 8, XP Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:00 pm
- U.K. Hospitals Hit in Widespread Ransomware Attack Friday, May 12, 2017 4:54 pm
- SSA.GOV To Require Stronger Authentication Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:01 pm
Tag Archives: virus removal
Often we remember Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, ComboFix, RKill , Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) or Adware Removal Tool/TSA and forget about tools offered by Anti-virus software manufacturers. Here’s a few links. Kaspersky – Tools McAfee – Tools AVG – Tools BitDefender – Tools Panda Tools/Online Scan … Continue reading
Researchers say that the rootkit used in the TDL4 botnet has been partially rewritten in what appears to be an attempt by the creators to make it even harder to eradicate. via DarkReading Share –TDL4 Botnet Now Even Harder To … Continue reading
Often you will have to use ComboFix, SmitFraud, Superantispyware Portable or Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware. Another great tool often overlooked is OTL. OTL removes stubborn viruses and cleans your computer thoroughly.
Here’s an excellent free malware removal tool to add to your collection of tools. Bill Mullins has an excellent review over at his technical blog.
UPDATE – See note at the end of this article. (This first option of repair the MBR can fix the Win32/Popureb.E virus) Option 1 Try Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware portable in Safe Mode First Option 2 You must boot the PC into … Continue reading
Microsoft now has a Safety Scanner that helps to remove Malware and Viruses. At approximately 70 mb, the Safety Scanner comes in both 32bit and 64bit. An excellent utility to download and run on your computer or an infected … Continue reading
Another excellent program for removing viruses. NoVirusThanks Malware Remover is an application designed to detect and remove specific malware, trojans, worms and other malicious threats that can damage your computer. It can also detect and remove rogue security software…more