Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,216,691 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- Network Connections folder empty
- Find and set your optimal MTU setting to improve your connectivity
- Network troubleshooting with Netsh
- Optimize Your Windows 7 or Windows Vista Internet Connection
- Clean your MSSQL TempDB file and more
- Network named incorrectly under Network and Sharing Center
- From help desk to an IT Security Officer
- BSides – If you missed an event, catch the next one
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- See What Ports are Open on Your Computer and What is a Port Number?-Updated
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- NTop for Windows
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- CVE-2014-3598 (opensuse, pillow)The Jpeg2KImagePlugin plugin in Pillow before 2.5.3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted image.
- CVE-2014-8361 (dir-600l, dir-600l_firmware, dir-605l, dir-605l_firmware, dir-619l, dir-619l_firmware, dir-809, dir-809_firmware, dir-905l, dir-905l_firmware, realtek_sdk)The miniigd SOAP service in Realtek SDK allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted NewInternalClient request.
- CVE-2015-0237 (enterprise_virtualization_manager)Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 ignores the permission to deny snapshot creation during live storage migration between domains, which allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (prevent host start) by creating a long snapshot chain.
- CVE-2015-0257Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Manager before 3.5.1 uses weak permissions on the directories shared by the ovirt-engine-dwhd service and a plugin during service startup, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading files in the directory.
- CVE-2015-0532 (rsa_identity_management_and_governance)EMC RSA Identity Management and Governance (IMG) 6.9 before P04 and 6.9.1 before P01 does not properly restrict password resets, which allows remote attackers to obtain access via crafted use of the reset process for an arbitrary valid account name, as demonstrated by a privileged account.
- CVE-2014-3598 (opensuse, pillow)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: virus removal
Researchers say that the rootkit used in the TDL4 botnet has been partially rewritten in what appears to be an attempt by the creators to make it even harder to eradicate. via DarkReading Share –TDL4 Botnet Now Even Harder To … Continue reading
Often you will have to use ComboFix, SmitFraud, Superantispyware Portable or Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware. Another great tool often overlooked is OTL. OTL removes stubborn viruses and cleans your computer thoroughly.
Here’s an excellent free malware removal tool to add to your collection of tools. Bill Mullins has an excellent review over at his technical blog.
UPDATE – See note at the end of this article. (This first option of repair the MBR can fix the Win32/Popureb.E virus) Option 1 Try Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware portable in Safe Mode First Option 2 You must boot the PC into … Continue reading
Microsoft now has a Safety Scanner that helps to remove Malware and Viruses. At approximately 70 mb, the Safety Scanner comes in both 32bit and 64bit. An excellent utility to download and run on your computer or an infected … Continue reading
Another excellent program for removing viruses. NoVirusThanks Malware Remover is an application designed to detect and remove specific malware, trojans, worms and other malicious threats that can damage your computer. It can also detect and remove rogue security software…more