The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,152,528 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Qualys® BrowserCheck
- The internet of things – Arduino
- Everything Search Engine – a search utility that’s better than Microsoft’s search
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- NTop for Windows
- Why Do You Subnet?
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)The send_dg function in resolv/res_send.c in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.20 does not properly reuse file descriptors, which allows remote attackers to send DNS queries to unintended locations via a large number of request that trigger a call to the getaddrinfo function.
- CVE-2014-2188The Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS does not properly handle invalid AAA return codes from RADIUS and TACACS+ servers, which allows remote attackers to bypass authentication in opportunistic circumstances via a connection attempt that triggers an invalid code, as demonstrated by a connection attempt with a blank password, aka Bug IDs CSCuo09400 and […]
- CVE-2014-4818 (tivoli_storage_manager)dsmtca in the client in IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) 5.4.x, 5.5.x, 6.x before 6.4.3, and 7.1.x before 7.1.2 allows local users to discover the backup/restore encryption-key password via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2014-6115 (rational_insight)IBM Rational Insight 220.127.116.11 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain sensitive information via a crafted request to a Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) report URL.
- CVE-2014-7922 (play_services_sdk)The GoogleAuthUtil.getToken method in the Google Play services SDK before 2015 sets parameters in OAuth token requests upon finding a corresponding _opt_ parameter in the Bundle extras argument, which allows attackers to bypass an intended consent dialog and retrieve tokens for arbitrary OAuth scopes including the SID and LSID scopes, and consequently obtain […]
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 1 day ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 2 days ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 1 week ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 1 week ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 1 week ago
Tag Archives: virus removal
Researchers say that the rootkit used in the TDL4 botnet has been partially rewritten in what appears to be an attempt by the creators to make it even harder to eradicate. via DarkReading Share -TDL4 Botnet Now Even Harder To … Continue reading
Often you will have to use ComboFix, SmitFraud, Superantispyware Portable or Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware. Another great tool often overlooked is OTL. OTL removes stubborn viruses and cleans your computer thoroughly.
Here’s an excellent free malware removal tool to add to your collection of tools. Bill Mullins has an excellent review over at his technical blog.
UPDATE – See note at the end of this article. (This first option of repair the MBR can fix the Win32/Popureb.E virus) Option 1 Try Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware portable in Safe Mode First Option 2 You must boot the PC into … Continue reading
Microsoft now has a Safety Scanner that helps to remove Malware and Viruses. At approximately 70 mb, the Safety Scanner comes in both 32bit and 64bit. An excellent utility to download and run on your computer or an infected … Continue reading
Another excellent program for removing viruses. NoVirusThanks Malware Remover is an application designed to detect and remove specific malware, trojans, worms and other malicious threats that can damage your computer. It can also detect and remove rogue security software…more