- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,635,940 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- CVE-2012-3425 (debian_linux, libpng, opensuse, ubuntu_linux)
- CVE-2012-3509 (binutils, debian_linux, libiberty, ubuntu_linux)
- CVE-2012-5201 (intelligent_management_center, intelligent_management_center_for_automated_network_manager)
- CVE-2012-5202 (intelligent_management_center, intelligent_management_center_for_automated_network_manager)
- CVE-2012-5203 (intelligent_management_center, intelligent_management_center_for_automated_network_manager)
Tag Archives: virus removal
Often we remember Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, ComboFix, RKill , Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) or Adware Removal Tool/TSA and forget about tools offered by Anti-virus software manufacturers. Here’s a few links. Kaspersky – Tools McAfee – Tools AVG – Tools BitDefender – Tools Panda Tools/Online Scan … Continue reading
Researchers say that the rootkit used in the TDL4 botnet has been partially rewritten in what appears to be an attempt by the creators to make it even harder to eradicate. via DarkReading Share –TDL4 Botnet Now Even Harder To … Continue reading
Often you will have to use ComboFix, SmitFraud, Superantispyware Portable or Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware. Another great tool often overlooked is OTL. OTL removes stubborn viruses and cleans your computer thoroughly.
Here’s an excellent free malware removal tool to add to your collection of tools. Bill Mullins has an excellent review over at his technical blog.
UPDATE – See note at the end of this article. (This first option of repair the MBR can fix the Win32/Popureb.E virus) Option 1 Try Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware portable in Safe Mode First Option 2 You must boot the PC into … Continue reading
Microsoft now has a Safety Scanner that helps to remove Malware and Viruses. At approximately 70 mb, the Safety Scanner comes in both 32bit and 64bit. An excellent utility to download and run on your computer or an infected … Continue reading
Another excellent program for removing viruses. NoVirusThanks Malware Remover is an application designed to detect and remove specific malware, trojans, worms and other malicious threats that can damage your computer. It can also detect and remove rogue security software…more