- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
August 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,928,516 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Private Cloud freeware? Try Tonido
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- Beware of Security by Press Release Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:40 pm
- Alleged vDOS Operators Arrested, Charged Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:43 pm
- Critical Security Fixes from Adobe, Microsoft Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:35 pm
- Flash Player is Dead, Long Live Flash Player! Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:17 pm
- New Bill Seeks Basic IoT Security Standards Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:32 pm
- Suspended Sentence for Mirai Botmaster Daniel Kaye Friday, July 28, 2017 9:13 pm
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Tag Archives: virtual computing
Want to monitor your Hyper-V machine’s resources? TMurgent Technologies has an app that does just that. HyperV_Mon monitors physical, logical, virtual performance and more.
Bill Mullins finds some of the best deals. Go over and read his article and see how to get this software for free! (Limited time) With our class working with virtualization in several different areas, this article explains … Continue reading
Need to monitor your virtualbox operating systems? vBox Gadget for Windows monitors the performance of each virtual machine.
Oracle Releases Another New Version of VirtualBox VDI – Virtualization – News & Reviews – eWeek.com. Oracle’s VirtualBox 4.1 includes several new features, but the main one is a new virtual machine cloning facility, which adds a lot more functionality.
If you’re tired of the hassle of maintaining your own server hardware, either locally or co-located, then a virtual private server may be for you. Ars looks at some of the main contenders, and at the advantages of going virtual. … Continue reading
Oracle’s VirtualBox 4 offers more changes than ever. With rework done on drivers, the VirtualBox Manager and dozens of other changes; VirtualBox is a great tool to run other operating systems in almost any environment. VirtulBox now offers a live … Continue reading
So what does this mean? Corporate and business computing is changing, allowing mobile devices to become even more useful. Kaviza Adds IPhone, IPad, Android to Virtual Desktop Package – PCWorld Business Center.
Although the free version or Paragon’s Go Virtual is for non-commercial use, this application is an excellent product. It requires you to load VirtualPC, VMWare or Oracle’s VirtualBox on a computer. Once loaded, all you have to do is Load … Continue reading
Want several VM tools for your organization or to learn from? Vkernel has several tools that are free for your virtual machine.
If you need to take VirtualBox with you, you can use a portable drive to operate the OS of your choice. This is an excellent way to demonstrate virtualization or to use in a programming situation where a program is … Continue reading
So you have the right setup for your Virtual Operating System and you need another OS added to your Virtual Computer. This software does that in minutes and lets you know the progress. After completion of the clone, open VirtualBox, … Continue reading
Exporting an installed operating system that has been configured in VirtualBox is easy. After an operting system is installed and configured with programs, this is called an ‘applicance’. Exporting the applicance shrinks the OS and its applications. Why would you … Continue reading
Need more than one operating system in VirtualBox to test software, networking or for other reasons? Make sure VirtualBox is not running Open a command prompt (type cmd.exe at the run line or search box) Hit Enter type cd\program files\sun\virtualbox … Continue reading
VMWare’s list of Virtual Appliances appear to be endless. With over 1300 applicants available, VMWare’s list gives technical details and download information for these solutions. Virtual appliances allow often turnkey solutions for businesses. So what is a virtual appliance? Virtual … Continue reading
VMWare Server 2 is avaiable from vmware.com. This virtual host is supports a wide range of operating systems and provides a https web interface. The default username and password is the same as the system it is running on. While … Continue reading
Being a VirtualBox fan, it is one of the best tools to have more than one computer on a single computer. You can use it to test programs, software and other applications. Link I just checked out the Beta and … Continue reading
I wrote an article on shrinking (Optimizing Virtualbox) the vdis created in VirtualBox. After Virtualbox’s update, it was lost. Now the new 2.2.2 version has the VBoxManage modifyhd –compact feature restored. See How-to Here. Anytime you are using commands, there … Continue reading
Over the past several weeks, I have included Sun’s promotional movies for VirtualBox including the ‘how-tos’ throughout the blog over the past several months. While Beta Testing software, the example below shows a dual core HP Pavilion Laptop running Windows … Continue reading