- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
August 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,931,403 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Private Cloud freeware? Try Tonido
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- Carbon Emissions: Oversharing Bug Puts Security Vendor Back in Spotlight Friday, August 18, 2017 5:38 pm
- Blowing the Whistle on Bad Attribution Friday, August 18, 2017 4:29 am
- Beware of Security by Press Release Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:40 pm
- Alleged vDOS Operators Arrested, Charged Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:43 pm
- Critical Security Fixes from Adobe, Microsoft Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:35 pm
- Flash Player is Dead, Long Live Flash Player! Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:17 pm
- New Bill Seeks Basic IoT Security Standards Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:32 pm
- Suspended Sentence for Mirai Botmaster Daniel Kaye Friday, July 28, 2017 9:13 pm
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
Tag Archives: Identity Theft
The site Information is Beautiful gives a visualization of data breaches and other information about hacking over the past several years.
The assault on CloudFlare shows that companies have to pay attention to how their security services are locked down and how the credentials for those services can be recoveredAttackers Turn Password Recovery Into Backdoor – Dark Reading.
Should we live in fear and distrust or should we be cautious and diligent with the protection of our data? We worry about American companies taking away our privacy and tracking our every move. What should we really worry … Continue reading
From Help Net Security 47 individuals were arrested on Wednesday by the officers of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police following an investigation of a highly organized and disciplined criminal ring that has managed to steal at least $7 million via … Continue reading
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) released their 2011 report today (May 10). With over 300,000 complaints, IC3’s report can be downloaded here. Also be sure to check out the Identity Theft Resource Centers where millions of identities may … Continue reading
Over 10 million credit card accounts were compromised at the end of March. This number may grow as credit card vendors look into the breach. Regardless if you bought something on line or not, you should do the … Continue reading
Damballa report shows seven new botnets among the top 10 largest; off-the-shelf construction kits dominate list. via DarkReading share– New Botnets Gaining Traction Across The Web, Study Says – Dark Reading.
40 percent of small and medium-sized businesses have suffered a security breach due to unsafe web surfing, and nearly one-third still do not have a policy to govern the use of social networking sites, 40% of SMBs suffered breach due … Continue reading
Since the start of this year, globally, there have been 365 data loss incidents involving 126,727, 474 records. According to research by Juniper Research, 90% of organizations have suffered data breaches in one form or another over the past 12 … Continue reading
The Identity Theft Resource Center has reports that cover last year and information about past data breaches with prominent companies. The ITRC has information on what to do if your id is stolen. Link
Data Breaches In 2010: Indicates Mandatory Reporting Needed – Darkreading. “The Identity Theft Resource Center recorded 662 breaches on its 2010 ITRC Breach List. It is apparent, with few exceptions, that there is no transparency when it comes to reporting … Continue reading
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse has excellent tips and information for consumers and the internet. With dozens of links and tips, Privacy Rights Clearinghouse is a wealth of information. An excellent on-site searchable database for data breaches is available. Link
Wisconsin bungles another data breach and ID theft threat to 60,000 – National Identity Theft | Examiner.com Added by ShareThis
Gawker Commenter Database Hacked | News & Opinion | PCMag.com.
Over at Bill Mullin’s blog, he gives a good article on Identity Theft Score..Unless you’re in the cyber security business, it’s unlikely that you’re aware of this rather startling statistic – a cyber crime goes down every ¼ of a … Continue reading
According to the latest report from the Identity Theft Resource Center (2010 YTD)- (Remember these are reported breaches) Data Loss Banking 1.8 million Business (Retail/Online) 3+ Million Education 226,000+ Government and Military 200,000+ Medical / Healthcare 100,000+ ITRC Webpage ITRC … Continue reading
Here is one of the best resource centers for information on identity theft and what to do – Identity Theft Resource Center. Federal Trade Commission Information.
The Identity Theft Resource Center has a list that is updated for 2008 and stats are finishing up for 2009… For more information – Link Hacking Statistics and Defacements Link