The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,154,134 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Software
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- Add GeGeek Toolkit to Hiren's CD/DVD for the ultimate troubleshooting tool
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)The send_dg function in resolv/res_send.c in GNU C Library (aka glibc or libc6) before 2.20 does not properly reuse file descriptors, which allows remote attackers to send DNS queries to unintended locations via a large number of request that trigger a call to the getaddrinfo function.
- CVE-2014-2188 (ios)The Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS does not properly handle invalid AAA return codes from RADIUS and TACACS+ servers, which allows remote attackers to bypass authentication in opportunistic circumstances via a connection attempt that triggers an invalid code, as demonstrated by a connection attempt with a blank password, aka Bug IDs CSCuo09400 and […]
- CVE-2014-4818 (tivoli_storage_manager)dsmtca in the client in IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) 5.4.x, 5.5.x, 6.x before 6.4.3, and 7.1.x before 7.1.2 allows local users to discover the backup/restore encryption-key password via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2014-6115 (rational_insight)IBM Rational Insight 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain sensitive information via a crafted request to a Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) report URL.
- CVE-2014-8487 (enterprise_mobile_management)Kony Management (aka Enterprise Mobile Management or EMM) 1.2 and earlier allows remote authenticated users to read (1) arbitrary messages via the messageId parameter to selfservice/managedevice/getMessageBody or (2) requests via the requestId parameter to selfservice/devicemgmt/getDeviceInfoTab.htm.
- CVE-2013-7423 (glibc, opensuse)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 2 days ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 4 days ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 1 week ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 1 week ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 1 week ago
Tag Archives: hard drive speed
ATTO – “The industry’s leading provider of high-performance storage connectivity products” has great products and an excellent benchmarking utility that measures your hard drive’s I/O read/write ability. Here’s a quick look at a laptop with Windows 7 vs. Server 2008 R2 … Continue reading
The HD Doctor Blog has dozens of Freeware utilities for hard drive information and maintenance. Go check it out.
When tweaking your computer, you can use typical utilities found in one of our most active posts or you can use Winsat. Winsat will not give you fancy graphs but it will give a Windows rating and a time … Continue reading
DiskBench was designed to measure your hard drive speed but can be used to measure your network transfer speed realistically. With DiskBench, you can use this freeware utility to measure your hard drive speed in my opinion more in accurately … Continue reading
This tip has been around for a while but your risk data loss in a power failure if your computer isn’t on a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) is increased. Because laptops have a battery, this can be an ideal … Continue reading
You may be able to improve your hard drive’s performance in Windows 7 by using this registry tweak. Like any registry tweak, you should have all of your files backed up and make a restore point before trying this … Continue reading
Don’t forget, the fastest hard drive without IPv6 ….check your network info here Partition your HDD to improve performance. Web Server Example. Do you have a SSD Drive? Here’s the optimization tips. Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7’s … Continue reading