- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,815,879 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Alleged vDOS Owners Poised to Stand Trial Monday, March 27, 2017 1:56 pm
- Phishing 101 at the School of Hard Knocks Friday, March 24, 2017 4:03 pm
- eBay Asks Users to Downgrade Security Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:59 pm
- Student Aid Tool Held Key for Tax Fraudsters Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:07 pm
- Govt. Cybersecurity Contractor Hit in W-2 Phishing Scam Friday, March 17, 2017 10:02 pm
- Google Points to Another POS Vendor Breach Friday, March 17, 2017 12:11 am
- Four Men Charged With Hacking 500M Yahoo Accounts Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:49 am
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:50 pm
- If Your iPhone is Stolen, These Guys May Try to iPhish You Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:17 am
- Dahua, Hikvision IoT Devices Under Siege Friday, March 10, 2017 8:07 pm
Category Archives: Windows 7
Want to uninstall programs or Windows Apps and make sure the ‘remains’ of the program/app is removed also? Geek Uninstaller is a portable program that can be download from http://www.geekuninstaller.com/ . Once you download Geek Uninstaller, unzip the file and double … Continue reading
Want to find out information that goes well above and beyond looking at your hardware? Dozens of features are available by downloading and running ESET Sysinspector. ESET Sysinspector
Full credit goes to Dawn for this fix. We recently had an updated computer that had only users with just user rights. The Administrator account had been disabled. Need to get into the administrator account but the admin account … Continue reading
PortQry is a download from Microsoft that allows you to see what ports on a remote device are open. While you can use Zenmap, PortQry is a program designed by Microsoft to find and troubleshoot connections. You can download PortQry … Continue reading
Need information about anything technical? Here’s a site ran by Rick over at What’s On My PC. The site BookMark4Techs is the largest resource for Technical Blogs.
Here’s a quick way to update Defender using PowerShell. Open PowerShell. Type Update-MPSignature and hit enter. After a few minutes Defender will begin to update. Once it is up to date, you will be returned to the PowerShell prompt.
Ready to work on your router or someone else’s? Don’t know their password? You can find the password from the command prompt. Open a command prompt and type: netsh wlan show profile name=WIFINAME key=clear Substitute WIFINAME above with the … Continue reading
Want to know what resources are being consumed by Windows and ‘see’ why your computer is so slow? WhySoSlow by Resplendence is in Beta and is an excellent program that can guide you to why your computer may be slow. … Continue reading
Need a quick reference for the default services in Windows? Visit Service Defaults.
Have issues with Realtek’s High Definition Audio? Over the break I fixed three computers that showed the sound as working correctly in Windows 10 yet there was no sound. First go to the Realtek website and download the latest drivers. … Continue reading
When a good friend gave me a laptop, the quad core (Intel i3), 6 Gb Ram seemed slow. Thinking back to an old post, Resizing your HDD to increase performance, I decided to see what the difference in performance would … Continue reading