The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,199,712 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- How to enable Java in Chrome after April 2015 update
- Driver Packs for Windows – Snappy Driver
- Is your hard drive dirty? Is NTFS Self-healing on? Why use chkdsk?
- Drive Controller Info for Windows and how to enable AHCI
- Defrag Windows Server or Workstation using Windows defrag from the command prompt
- DSI Cable for PLCs
- Enable File History in Windows 8.1 and troubleshooting
- Your Location has been Shared 5,398 Times in Last 14 Days
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- See What Ports are Open on Your Computer and What is a Port Number?-Updated
- CVE-2013-4866 (my_satis_genius_toilet)The LIXIL Corporation My SATIS Genius Toilet application for Android has a hardcoded Bluetooth PIN, which allows physically proximate attackers to trigger physical resource consumption (water or heat) or user discomfort.
- CVE-2013-7439Multiple off-by-one errors in the (1) MakeBigReq and (2) SetReqLen macros in include/X11/Xlibint.h in X11R6.x and libX11 before 1.6.0 allow remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted request, which triggers a buffer overflow.
- CVE-2014-5032 (glpi)GLPI before 0.84.7 does not properly restrict access to cost information, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via the cost criteria in the search bar.
- CVE-2014-8360 (glpi)Directory traversal vulnerability in inc/autoload.function.php in GLPI before 0.84.8 allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .._ (dot dot underscore) in an item type to the getItemForItemtype, as demonstrated by the itemtype parameter in ajax/common.tabs.php.
- CVE-2014-9145 (fiyo_cms)Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in Fiyo CMS 126.96.36.199 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) id parameter in an edit action to dapur/index.php; (2) cat, (3) user, or (4) level parameter to dapur/apps/app_article/controller/article_list.php; or (5) email parameter in an email action or (6) username parameter in a user action […]
- CVE-2013-4866 (my_satis_genius_toilet)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Did you know? The IT program at TCAT Shelbyville has won more than six national awards. ~ goo.gl/FRJqgy Average pay $15-$23 hr 3 days ago
- Top Five Reasons to Choose a Vocational Education goo.gl/gWXf26 and it can be free with #TNReconnect tnreconnect.gov 4 days ago
- Want to earn a Diploma or Certificate from a TCAT institution for Free? . Sign up at TNReconnect.gov-May 15th deadline 1 week ago
- TN Reconnect open house at TCAT-S a success - goo.gl/0DtL8a http://t.co/MAwnJObuSl 2 weeks ago
- TN Reconnect news article t-g.com/story/2180068.… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Soft Skills
Here’s some great links for Office 2010’s Resource Kit and books. Office 2010 Resource Kit Technical Library in Compiled Help format Technical diagrams for Office 2010 Downloadable book: Getting started with Office 2010 Downloadable book: Planning guide for Office … Continue reading
If you have applications that hog and use more memory or CPU than they should, give Process Lasso a try. This freeware allows you to specify how many CPU’s a program uses on a multi-core system or you can … Continue reading
With MySpace and other social networks, you have to be careful. It’s not just your personal safety you have to look at, it can be what you put on these social networks that kill your job or prospective new job. … Continue reading
Your IT personnel should be able to train the end-user in a way that the end-user won’t be blamed for making mistakes later. During reqular training sessions, IT Professionals have a tendancy to ‘roll’ their eyes and blame end-users for … Continue reading
Here’s a couple of great links from CIO Magazine for some success tips for IT Professionals. Things You Can Do In Minutes to Be More Successful at Work Finding Your Next IT Job Hiring Manager Interviews
This is crazy. I just stumbled on a ton of freeware apps for your thumbdrive. Our class has a folder (thumbdrive) we are constantly updating so students will have apps for troubleshooting. Link