How you find the optimal MTU settings is truly a matter of opinion. Here is what we do…remember setting firewalls, routers and your computer will truly tweak out your connection. Start on the outside and change your router or firewall first and then each computer (Use TCPOptimzer for computers). Don’t forget access points and other devices.
- Find an ISP or a website you can ping.
- Ping the website from the command prompt (Windows) using the following command
- ping -f -l 1472 http://www.yourwebsiteaddress.com (the -l is an “L” that is a lowercase and there is a space between each command and switch)
- Hit the enter key
- If you receive the message of fragmentation, reduce by 10 or 20 until you get responses. Increase the number by 1 until you are 1 less away from getting a fragmentation message (midpoint – between high and low)
- Now add 28 to this number…
View original post 286 more words