Microsoft wants to help protect companies from hack attacks, and it’s introducing a new Windows 10 feature soon to improve the operating system’s security capabilities.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is aimed at helping businesses deal with serious threats by using machine learning to protect Windows 10 devices. The feature builds a profile of how a computer behaves, and then alerts IT managers if it starts acting in a way that’s indicative of a security breach. If the system detects an attack, it will provide administrators with recommended steps to remediate it.”..Read more
- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,684,017 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- Are your IoT devices visible from the internet?
- Windows Update – You may want to use IE and the Catalog to download the massive 760.6mb update …Updates again? This may be the update that fixes updates…for awhile…
- Cipher /w:C securely erasing unused space
- Slow USB Transfer rate? Try this
- IEEE Cybersecurity Project a Weapon Against Cyberattacks – IEEE – The Institute
- CVE-2002-0493 (tomcat)
- CVE-2005-4900 (chrome)
- CVE-2013-1248 (windows_7, windows_server_2003, windows_server_2008, windows_vista, windows_xp)
- CVE-2013-3809 (mysql, opensuse, solaris, suse_linux_enterprise_desktop, suse_linux_enterprise_server, suse_linux_enterprise_software_development_kit, ubuntu_linux)
- CVE-2014-0420 (enterprise_linux_desktop, enterprise_linux_server, enterprise_linux_workstation, mysql, solaris, ubuntu_linux)