If you have several computers on your network and would like to see the computers on your network, Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP to speed this process up. NetBIOS allows computers to be seen by name on your network. Enabling NetBIOS allows your computer to find other computers in your network (Network or Network Places).
To enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows:
- Click Start, and then click Network. (click Start, type ncpa.cpl into the search box for Windows 7 , hit ENTER) or right click your network icon and open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center
- Click Manage Network Connections.
- Right click on the Local Area Connection select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
- Click the WINS tab.
- Click Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP.
- Click OK and Exit the settings.
Now Tweak your wireless!!
Scan your network with SoftPerfect’s Network Scanner