If you’re doing any wireless penetration testing these days, odds are you have a WiFi Pineapple Mark IV from Hak5 in your toolkit. If you’re not a professional penetration tester or are just starting out with wireless hacking, the Pineapple is a device that will save you a considerable amount of headaches and is easily the best “all-in-one” tool for the job. This first article in a series of three tutorials is all about walking you through those first baby steps of configuration to get your new toy up and running. Part 1 starts with the Mark IV since many shops have this device already. Part 2 of this series covers the new Mark V, and Part 3 will show the device in action on a real pen test. The first step to being successful in any endeavor is preparation, and the pineapple is no different. This tool packs a considerable amount of options into a small frame, and getting your new device up and running prior to “game time” is critical. We’ll show you how to set up your host computer’s network interfaces, the communication options to talk to the device, installing and configuring modules known as Infusions, and more. So let’s get to it.
- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,909,595 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- SSL not showing green lock? Here’s some things to try.
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
- Trump Hotels Hit By 3rd Card Breach in 2 Years Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:43 pm
- Experts in Lather Over ‘gSOAP’ Security Flaw Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:30 pm
- Porn Spam Botnet Has Evil Twitter Twin Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:11 pm
- Thieves Used Infrared to Pull Data from ATM ‘Insert Skimmers’ Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:28 pm
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:26 pm
- Self-Service Food Kiosk Vendor Avanti Hacked Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:09 pm
- B&B Theatres Hit in 2-Year Credit Card Breach Friday, July 7, 2017 3:26 pm
- Who is the GovRAT Author and Mirai Botmaster ‘Bestbuy’? Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:25 am