Vista’s SP1 uses a ton of space after its initial install. The Vista Service Pack removal tool (Hey, I didn’t hear about it either) removes archived files returning a ton of space. Remember, you cannot uninstall SP1 after this. Hopefully you tested SP1 for a couple of weeks.
- Click the on the Vista Orb (start button), All Programs, Accessories, and click Command Prompt. (or click on run if you have made this option seen and run the tool below.)
- Type vsp1cln.exe and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Another command prompt box will open with a warning about running the SP1 disk clean-up tool. (Warning tools scare me too.)
- Type y to start the clean-up.
- There will be a wait as the uninstall of your archive files are being removed.
- Command prompt window will close when the process completes.