Here’s one of the smallest, feature packed and powerful routers for under $30. The NetShair Nano by iogear offers some of the most features money can buy. Here’s how it works (interactive). (Thanks Jeremy for bringing it in!)
- Compact design USB powered ultra-portable Wi-Fi router with USB pass-through
- Converts any wired Internet connection to Wi-Fi
- Perfect accessory for Ultrabooks, MacBook Air and other devices without Ethernet ports
- Serves as a DHCP Router or Access Point
- Plugs into any USB port or USB charger for power
- USB pass-though (no loss of USB port when connected)
- Free apps for iPod®/iPhone®/iPad® and Android operating systems
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant 150Mbps speed
- Supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 64/128 bit security
What about the Zyxel Routers / APs we featured in late 2013? Here are some pics from an earlier our blog post earlier.. With a router/ap switch on the side and the ability to act as a router, ap or bridge, the routers came with two power supplies each, a CAT5 cable and a very powerful wireless signal.
As we go through the CWTS curriculum, students are exposed to many different types of routers. The Zyxel MWR102 is a tiny router (only 2.9″ x 2.3″ x .6″) that you can use when in a pinch or even in a small apartment.
This tiny router packs a ton of features. Under $20, the router’s specs prove it gives a full size router a run for the money.
Zyxel Specs– USB Powered 150Mbps Wireless-N Fast Ethernet Travel Router
- Pocket-sized router/AP for internet access on-the-go
- 3-in-1 Functionality – Router, Access Point, and Client Bridge
- Wirelessly share a wired Internet connection with multiple friends, colleagues, or devices.
- 802.11n wireless connectivity for data transfer rates of up to 150 Mbps
- USB or AC power provide flexibility for any situation
- Hardware Specifications:
- Two (2) 10/100 Mbps (1x WAN, 1x LAN)
- One (1) MiniUSB (For Power)Power:
- 5V DC USB
- System Specifications:
- Wireless Standard:
- IEEE802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- IEEE802.11n auto rate up to 150Mbps
- IEEE802.11b/g compatible auto rate up to 54Mbps
- IEEE802.1x MDI/MDI-X adaptive flow-control
- Operating Modes:
- Access Point
- WiFi Client Bridge Yep, even a wireless bridge…Wireless Security:
- WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
- 64/128-bit WPA/WPA2
- SPI Firewall
- WPS Setup
- Routing and IP Management:
- Static IP
- NATUnit Dimensions:
- 0.61 x 2.93 x 2.32-inches (H x W x D) Is anything smaller?