Have you selected a theme that has Aero?
Is your display set to 32bit?
Right Click Desktop/Screen Resolution/Advanced Settings/Monitor
Is the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager – service started ?
(Check by typing services.msc)
Click on the Start button and type: Aero
Click on the “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” link. Follow the wizard.
Click on Start- Right click Computer- Click on Properties
Click on the “Windows Experience Index” link then click “Re-run the assessment”
Go to system propertiesbox- advanced tab-Performance-Settings on the Visual Effects tab, choose “Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer” – Make sure all boxes are checked
1. Click on Start and type regedit at run
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3. In the right pane, create following DWORDs (32-bit value)-
UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0
Blur, and set its value to 0
Animations, and set its value to 0.
4. Close Regedit
5. Click on Start and type CMD – Start the Command Prompt with Admin Priviledges
6. Type the following commands
Net Stop uxsms
Net Start uxsms
(This will stop and start the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager)
Close the command prompt
7. Next right click on desktop- Personalize – Select Windows Colors and a Theme
Uninstall and reinstall your video card
Always backup your data before making any changes on any of these solutions.