Another way to speed up PHP on Microsoft Windows IIS is by using memcache.
- Download the DLL for Windows.
- Copy the DLL to your PHP Ext folder
- Edit your PHP.ini file and add –
Save your PHP.ini file after modifying
- Download Memcached files –
- Create a memcache folder on your C: drive and copy the memcahed files into this folder (extracted)
- Go to a command prompt. Type CD\memcache
Type the following-
memcached.exe -d install (Enter)
memcached.exe -d start (Enter) OR
net start “memcached Server”
How do you see the cache in a chart format?
Use the memcache.php file (copy to your web server directory) – Note you may have to remark out the second server or use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.
The only anomaly? Apparently our server has been up 136 years.
Note: If you are running Moodle LMS, open your config.php file and enter the following bold lines –
After the following line
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/lib/setup.php’);
Adding these new lines:
$CFG->rcache = true;