If you have ever replaced a network card on a server or computer and you can no longer access the computer, you should flush any cache on the workstation that is accessing the server.
Insure no other users are logged in –
Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator (Type CMD in the search box)
nbtstat -a xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace the x’s with the IP address of the computer you are accessing – the computer with the new NIC card)
Also insure the NetBIOS over TCP/IP radio button is selected. (See Below)
To enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2:
- Click Start, and then click Network. (click Start, type ncpa.cpl into the search box for Windows 7 or Vista, hit ENTER).
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center
- Click Manage Network Connections.
- Right click on the Local Area Connection select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
- Click the WINS tab.
- Click Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP.
- Click OK and Exit the settings.