Need to enhance your wireless signal with your Acer Iconia Tab 500 series? TechRepublic has an excellent series of pics on how to disassemble the tablet. (http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/cracking-open-the-acer-iconia-tab-a500/6279615?seq=66&tag=content;siu-container#photopaging)
- This will void your warranty!
- Track the antenna from the wireless card (You’ll find a convenient open space perfect for your new antenna)
- Add a 5.5″ wire with four small turns 1″ from the solder joint- use a 1/4 ” drill bit (smooth end) to create the coil
- Carefully solder the wire onto the end of the antenna (at the Iconia solder joint)
- Carefully reassemble your device
- Enjoy your extended range!
Thanks Tyler for letting us experiment with your tablet!