SoftPerfect’s Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded scanner that scans multiple protocols at once and offers dozens of configuration options to find detailed information. This portable program comes in 32 and 64 bit and can be ran from a flashdrive. This tiny little program finds shares, hidden shares and more. The best feature is it is free!
(Lab shown above)
From SoftPerfect’s description of their Network Scanner software-
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
So how do you find Nic card vendors to help you troubleshoot your inventory and find even more information about the devices on your network? Save this file (oui.txt) from ieee into the folder where your exe is. When you load the program, select lookup NIC vendor and then scan your network.
SoftPerfect also has other excellent software that is 100% free and some Enterprise software.