Recently we had a driver for a wireless desktop computer that was working and 23 others that were not. What had happened was we experimented with a wireless driver and it worked. Because the original wireless device did not have a Windows 7 driver, we ran SIW and went to ma-config.com and found out the wireless device was identified as a Marvel wireless chip although this was not the manufacturer of the device. We downloaded and ran the driver. It worked. In between classes, we cleaned the computer’s history and could not remember what we had downloaded.
In order to find the driver, we ran the following command line as an administrator –
netsh wlan show drivers
After seeing the main drivers, we were able to download the correct drivers for the wireless interface