Want to move music or files to your phone without a usb cable? Google Play (Android Market Place) has a really cool program that is Free and it allows you to use your laptop or computer to connect to your Droid. AirDroid’s remote management allows you to manage the device across your network. The concept is very simple and works great. All you do is connect your laptop and your Droid to your home wireless. Download and install AirDroid. When you start AirDroid, it will give you an ip address (with a port number – 8888) and a passcode. Open Google Chrome on your laptop and navigate to the website – http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8888 (Replacing the x’s with the ip address AirDroid gave you as it started). Enter the passcode and you can now manage your Android tablet or phone remotely with dozens of features.
- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,682,584 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
- Are your IoT devices visible from the internet?
- Windows Update – You may want to use IE and the Catalog to download the massive 760.6mb update …Updates again? This may be the update that fixes updates…for awhile…
- Cipher /w:C securely erasing unused space
- Slow USB Transfer rate? Try this
- IEEE Cybersecurity Project a Weapon Against Cyberattacks – IEEE – The Institute