The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,158,551 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-7896Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in HP XP P9000 Command View Advanced Edition Software Online Help, as used in HP Device Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Tiered Storage Manager 6.x through 8.x before 8.1.2-00, HP XP P9000 Replication Manager 6.x and 7.x before 7.6.1-06, and HP XP7 Global Link Manager Software (aka HGLM) […]
- CVE-2014-8160 (linux_kernel)net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8617Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Web Action Quarantine Release feature in the WebGUI in Fortinet FortiMail before 4.3.9, 5.0.x before 5.0.8, 5.1.x before 5.1.5, and 5.2.x before 5.2.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the release parameter to module/releasecontrol.
- CVE-2014-8921 (notes_traveler_companion)The IBM Notes Traveler Companion application 1.0 and 1.1 before 201411010515 for Window Phone, as distributed in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1, does not properly restrict the number of executions of the automatic configuration option, which makes it easier for remote attackers to capture credentials by conducting a phishing attack involving an encrypted e-mail me […]
- CVE-2013-7421 (linux_kernel)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- TCAT Shelbyville will be closed on 3/5/2015 due to Weather 32 minutes ago
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 1 week ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 1 week ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 2 weeks ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 2 weeks ago
Daily Archives: Sunday, April 1, 2012 9:45 pm
InformationWeek Salary Survey shows that security is one of the hottest sectors of the IT job market. But discussions with IT security pros suggest that they are, for the most part, considered a necessary evil by the rest of their organizations. … Continue reading
Yes. Mobile devices are great for business. So what is the static you get back from IT personnel? iPads along with mobile devices are great for businesses. The mobile user who is in and out of business has to … Continue reading
As Apple products grow in popularity they’re increasingly attractive targets to the bad guys. Just check out the short history of Mac malware 1982-2011 to see what the hackers are up to. Free Mac AntiVirus – Mac Security and Protection – Sophos. (Shared … Continue reading
Bookmarks4Techs is changing almost daily! Being one of the world’s largest resources of technical blogs and a blog in itself, Bookmarks4Techs is so much more. Bookmark4Techs – links to over 500 sites! Bookmark4Techs – Bookmark collections (grows daily!) to applications … Continue reading
Over 10 million credit card accounts were compromised at the end of March. This number may grow as credit card vendors look into the breach. Regardless if you bought something on line or not, you should do the … Continue reading