- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,912,699 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Internet or network application slow? You may need to temporarily disable Nagle’s Algorithm
- Want a fast and safer browser? Try Brave
- Find rogue APs with Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector using signal strength and sound
- How to get OpenWRT on a Rosewill RNX-N150RT Router? Flash it to DD-WRT then flash to a TP-Link TL-WR741N. Finish with OpenWRT or Gargoyle and out perform may AC routers.
- SSL not showing green lock? Here’s some things to try.
- Gas Pump Skimmer Sends Card Data Via Text Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:08 am
- How a Citadel Trojan Developer Got Busted Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11 pm
- Exclusive: Dutch Cops on AlphaBay ‘Refugees’ Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:14 pm
- After AlphaBay’s Demise, Customers Flocked to Dark Market Run by Dutch Police Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:23 pm
- Trump Hotels Hit By 3rd Card Breach in 2 Years Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:43 pm
- Experts in Lather Over ‘gSOAP’ Security Flaw Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:30 pm
- Porn Spam Botnet Has Evil Twitter Twin Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:11 pm
- Thieves Used Infrared to Pull Data from ATM ‘Insert Skimmers’ Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:28 pm
- Adobe, Microsoft Push Critical Security Fixes Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:26 pm
- Self-Service Food Kiosk Vendor Avanti Hacked Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:09 pm
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Amazing More information on the clock
On Facebook? Watch what you click and don’t fall for scams. Recently I saw Facebook Security had posted to my wall. But I knew a friend was hacked. How? When you use Facebook, you will see associated friends in … Continue reading
Rick over at What’s on My PC has found a great link for everyone that show’s an animated guide to building a computer. This GEM will be used in class. Excellent Find! The graphics are just unreal. If you select … Continue reading
Earlier this year I showed you how to convert your blog into a pdf that could be printed as a book or downloaded as a pdf. By using BlogBooker, you can export your WordPress blog as an xml and BlogBooker … Continue reading
Lenovo’s new ThinkPad Tablet flips the “consumerization of IT” paradigm by adding business-class capabilities, says eWEEK Labs analysts. Features include management software, full-size peripheral connectors and an optional digitizer pen. The 10.1-inch Android device offers an Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core … Continue reading
While not necessarily a surprise, secure email is a huge problem for enterprises. In a survey of how people use email shows that employees may be a bit too loose with their email use when it comes to sensitive and protected information, … Continue reading
Android took over the smartphone landscape several months ago, and since then, it is like the platform has kicked in the turbo chargers. During the last three months, Google’s mobile darling captured 56% of the market on its … Continue reading
Thanks Rick for this great tip! Rick at What’s On My PC explains how to use your browser to check a website for maleware….read more.
How much energy is your computer using? Is your power supply adequate? Joulemeter Joulemeter is a software tool that estimates the power consumption of your computer. It tracks computer resources, such as CPU utilization and screen brightness, and estimates power … Continue reading
|MG| Universal USB Installer 126.96.36.199 Download.
What is UEFI? Here’s an excellent article on what to expect and what UEFI does and how it works. Extremetech
The new piece of malware hides inside a PDF file and delivers a backdoor that hides on the user’s machine once the malicious file is opened. Once the user executes the malware, it puts the malicious PDF on the user’s … Continue reading
After reading all of the negative comments on Windows 8, I too began to believe the media and coverage of how Windows 8 was too little too late. Working in education, I am exposed to the latest in technology with … Continue reading
“When you begin college, you are probably on your own for the first time. You are taking on new responsibilities, making your own decisions, and becoming part of the campus community. There is an important role that you can play … Continue reading
With Facebook’s latest changes, many people are experiencing bandwidth issues and their page has become slow because of the ‘live’ ticker. If you want to hide the ticker, download Google Chrome and apply this extension to Chrome.
Computer hardware and memory charts can be found on Geekologie. An excellent resource for identifying computer hardware. D. Babian, GSAE
When tweaking your computer, you can use typical utilities found in one of our most active posts or you can use Winsat. Winsat will not give you fancy graphs but it will give a Windows rating and a time … Continue reading
If you need network monitoring tools, DarkReading gives you a look at 10 free tools that can help you monitor your network. Read more .