- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,861,514 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Should SaaS Companies Publish Customers Lists? Monday, May 22, 2017 8:53 pm
- Private Eye Allegedly Used Leaky Goverment Tool in Bid to Find Tax Data on Trump Monday, May 22, 2017 8:11 pm
- Fraudsters Exploited Lax Security at Equifax’s TALX Payroll Division Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:23 pm
- Breach at DocuSign Led to Targeted Email Malware Campaign Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:34 am
- Global ‘Wana’ Ransomware Outbreak Earned Perpetrators $26,000 So Far Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:10 pm
- Microsoft Issues WanaCrypt Patch for Windows 8, XP Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:00 pm
- U.K. Hospitals Hit in Widespread Ransomware Attack Friday, May 12, 2017 4:54 pm
- SSA.GOV To Require Stronger Authentication Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:01 pm
- Emergency Fix for Windows Anti-Malware Flaw Leads May’s Patch Tuesday Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:14 pm
- Website Flaw Let True Health Diagnostics Users View All Medical Records Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:13 am
Monthly Archives: December 2010
More and more web proxies are going online and many people (especially students) do not realize the dangers behind these sites. Paul Lubic, Jr. (Paul’s Home Computing Blog) has an excellent article describing these dangers…more
January 2011 Register Personal Computers/Phones To Use the School’s Network | News – Top Stories | Tennessee Technology Center @ Shelbyville
12-27-10 – January 2011 Register Personal Computers/Phones To Use the School’s Network | News – Top Stories | Tennessee Technology Center @ Shelbyville.
1,000-Core Chip Could Make PCs 20 Times Faster. To give you some perspective, the fastest consumer processors such as Intel’s Core i7 top out at six cores. According to the Daily Mail, the 1,000-core processor processes 5 gigabytes data per second, and … Continue reading
Want to control who gets on your network? Callout DLL can still be downloaded from Microsoft and now with Windows Server 2008 you can control with an Allow/Deny. With portable computing (netbooks, laptops, droids, blackberries, iPads, iPods, iPhones and other … Continue reading
Numion offers several ways to test your internet speed. Link ~D. Babian
Here’s a link that shows how to break down your laptop – Link
DNS Trouble offers several online tools- WHOIS Lookup DNS Lookup Host Ping Network Trace Route DNS Traversal Reverse DNS Check MX Record Check GeoIP Location Mail Server Validation Spam Blacklist Check Link ~D. Babian
Germany plans new cyber-warfare defence centre.
An air traffic control simulator can be found at ATC-SIM. AirBus a400m simulator
The Open Racing Car Simulator – TORCS is a fun racing game that is freeware. For MAC, Windows and Linux. Link to Website. Downloads for MAC, Linux and Windows.
Oracle’s VirtualBox 4 offers more changes than ever. With rework done on drivers, the VirtualBox Manager and dozens of other changes; VirtualBox is a great tool to run other operating systems in almost any environment. VirtulBox now offers a live … Continue reading
Want a free FPS game with great graphics? Alien Arena is an excellent game that provides challenges in small to massive arenas.
If you want to know about the commands in Linux; this website alphabetizes them and gives examples.
Want to Tweak Ubuntu and find those settings that are hidden or hard to find? Ubuntu Tweak is an excellent little debian package you can download and install in seconds. This little program offers dozens of tweaks to your Ubuntu … Continue reading
Here’s how to clone your virtual machine in VirtualBox Shutdown the Virtual Computer (machine) Release the .vdi file File Virtual Media Manager Select the correct virtual computer disk you want to copy Click Release Navigate to the directory of VirtualBox … Continue reading
Everyone tries to keep their servers and workstations up as long as possible. However, you do need to reboot your computer to check the file system thoroughly and to clear any cache or temporary files that are in a hung … Continue reading
FCC Posts Net Neutrality Rules | News & Opinion | PCMag.com. Thanks Richie!
Need to password protect a folder? Here’s a solution in Beta Format that works great. IOBit’s Password Folder Beta lets you protect sensitive documents, pictures or other information. If you have a family computer and need to protect your data, … Continue reading