- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,888,424 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- CVE-2015-3913 (s12700_firmware, s2300_firmware, s2350ei_firmware, s2700_firmware, s2750ei_firmware, s3300_firmware, s3700_firmware, s5300ei_firmware, s5300hi_firmware, s5300li_firmware, s5300si_firmware, s5700ei_firmware, s5700hi_firmware, s5700li_firmware, s5700si_firmware, s5710hi_firmware, s5720hi_firmware, s6300ei_firmware, s6700ei_firmware, s7700_firmware, s9300_firmware, s9700_firmware)
- Got Robocalled? Don’t Get Mad; Get Busy. Sunday, June 25, 2017 3:24 pm
- FBI: Extortion, CEO Fraud Among Top Online Fraud Complaints in 2016 Friday, June 23, 2017 2:09 pm
- Why So Many Top Hackers Hail from Russia Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:29 pm
- Credit Card Breach at Buckle Stores Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:07 pm
- Inside a Porn-Pimping Spam Botnet Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:35 pm
- Microsoft, Adobe Ship Critical Fixes Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:47 pm
- Following the Money Hobbled vDOS Attack-for-Hire Service Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:12 pm
- OneLogin: Breach Exposed Ability to Decrypt Data Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:55 pm
- Credit Card Breach at Kmart Stores. Again. Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:27 am
- Trump’s Dumps: ‘Making Dumps Great Again’ Friday, May 26, 2017 4:45 am
Monthly Archives: April 2010
Want several VM tools for your organization or to learn from? Vkernel has several tools that are free for your virtual machine.
A new malware is riding in with some BitTorrent and creates a pop-up (scareware) stating that you need to pay or be sued. Link to article
Securing Debian after installation. Securing Ubuntu
Excellent video on Cybersecurity and International Law Information security experts warn of the threat to the U.S .due to the lack of an international rule of law. Terry McCarthy reports on the dangers posed by hackers. (CBS News)
Easily use a ruler, find landmarks, add sites, mark roads or landmarks and tranform between maps with WikiMapia. Excellent and useful site. WikiMapia
Pat sent over an excellent link to see if a website is up. CheckSite.us checks the web servers of a website to see if the site is up and operational.
TTC Shelbyville Machine Tool Technology Program Named 2010 ATEA Outstanding Technical Program The Machine Tool Technology Program at the Tennessee Technology Center at Shelbyville has been named the American Technical Education Association’s (ATEA) Outstanding Technical Program for 2010. Accepting the … Continue reading
I remember being in high school and seeing the Enterprise lift from a Boeing 747 and NASA’s ‘dry’ run of a glide test. The large bulky delta winged shuttle lifted up as the Boeing dropped away. In the background … Continue reading
Google Password System Hit in Cyber-attack, Report Says – Security from eWeek Posted using ShareThis
Alex a student in our Computer Information Technology class (another successful student) who will be working for a military contractor sent over an excellent YouTube video of a car mod of an iPad
Rick (Whatsonmypc) once again has produced a super article on computer comfort and the effects of not using your computer correctly and how it can have an adverse affect on your health. As we turn out IT personnel that are … Continue reading
Want the best Windows Tweaker available? GIGATweaker is an excellent software to tweak your Windows 7 computer. This 2 mb download is loaded with tweaks to optimize your computer based on your usage. With so many articles on tweaking … Continue reading
Axence Software has an excellent suite of tools that is free to use. SNMP Browser Wintools TCP/IP Workshop Port Scanner Netstat many more.
Although Alice is made for kids, it teaches the foundations of 3D programming. Alice a free software that has many downloads and is an excellent tool for anyone wanting the basics. Alice A free program from Carnegie Mellon. For Adults … Continue reading
Here’s a good drug interaction program to check for interactions of drugs. Link
Microsoft’s Fix-it Center in Beta can be downloaded and can repair most common problems with Windows. This automatic tool is in its infancy but uses common problems uploaded to Microsoft including Microsoft’s Knowledge Base.
Click jacking happens when malicious code is hidden on a website. Read more about new forms of clickjacking at DarkReading. Next-Generation Clickjacking Attacks Revealed – DarkReading.
Intel Says Its Light Peak Optical Cables May Succeed USB Posted using ShareThis
OK so they are not ‘million dollar’ computers, but they are awesome. The craftsmanship put into these computers is beyond words. Go check them out at Million Dollar PC. ~Dawn