The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,156,364 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Infosec Professionals – Bsides Nashville 2015
- GoFlex Home – gaining root access and performing drive maintenance
- Server 2003 is reaching end of life
- USBs can carry viruses
- Lost – Windows 7 DVD? Download the ISO from Microsoft with your key.
- Powerful System Information Utilities
- Free Network Scanners
- HD Tach – A good measurement tool for HDD/SSD
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Defending your network with Snort for Windows
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Release Mouse From VirtualBox
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.
- Creating a Roaming Profile -Windows 7 and Server 2008 r2
- CVE-2013-7421The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a module name in the salg_name field, a different vulnerability than CVE-2014-9644.
- CVE-2014-2188 (ios)The Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS does not properly handle invalid AAA return codes from RADIUS and TACACS+ servers, which allows remote attackers to bypass authentication in opportunistic circumstances via a connection attempt that triggers an invalid code, as demonstrated by a connection attempt with a blank password, aka Bug IDs CSCuo09400 and […]
- CVE-2014-8160net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_generic.c in the Linux kernel before 3.18 generates incorrect conntrack entries during handling of certain iptables rule sets for the SCTP, DCCP, GRE, and UDP-Lite protocols, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via packets with disallowed port numbers.
- CVE-2014-8921The IBM Notes Traveler Companion application 1.0 and 1.1 before 201411010515 for Window Phone, as distributed in IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1, does not properly restrict the number of executions of the automatic configuration option, which makes it easier for remote attackers to capture credentials by conducting a phishing attack involving an encrypted e-mail me […]
- CVE-2014-9644The Crypto API in the Linux kernel before 3.18.5 allows local users to load arbitrary kernel modules via a bind system call for an AF_ALG socket with a parenthesized module template expression in the salg_name field, as demonstrated by the vfat(aes) expression, a different vulnerability than CVE-2013-7421.
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Weather Alert - Open Two hours late on 2/26/2015 5 days ago
- Beginning in fall 2015, earn a diploma or certificate at a TCATs free of tuition and mandatory fees. -TN Reconnect goo.gl/X9yM3f 6 days ago
- TCAT Shelbyville will open two hours late 2/19/2015 1 week ago
- Closed 2/18/2015 Days and Nights 1 week ago
- Schools are closed 2/17 2 weeks ago
Daily Archives: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:43 am
Monitor your servers with DreamSys Server Monitor. This utility contacts your servers to make sure they are up. If the servers fail to respond, you can receive a text message alerting you of the failure.
iDump takes the hassle out of backing up your iPod.
Pat originally told me about Ammyy. I just used it and it works great. This will be put in my aresenal of sites to control other computers (tech support for a friend or work). See also Zolved
Do you need to keep synchronized hard drives so that backup data is accurate and up-to-date. Fling can do this for you. With a multitude of options, try it out. Link Although this software says it is for FTP, it … Continue reading
Being a VirtualBox fan, it is one of the best tools to have more than one computer on a single computer. You can use it to test programs, software and other applications. Link I just checked out the Beta and … Continue reading
Microsoft usual puts out resource tools for Servers and operating systems. Here is their link for Server 2003 Tools Here is just one of the tools- Robocopy.exe: Robust File Copy Utility A versatile utility for maintaining an identical copy of … Continue reading
If you have a software program NOT to start with Windows, you can go into msconfig.msc or the startup group and uncheck or delete the program. Sometimes you can’t find where the program is starting (Malware, Spyware or a program … Continue reading