- Note: Products that are reviewed (hardware or software) are personally owned or freeware that appear in this blog.
Top 50 Higher-Ed Blogs 2016
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,862,003 visits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
Security Blogs The Hacker News Naked Security Threat Post Krebs on Security Tao Security Uncommon Sense Security Dark Reading
The Windows Club
- Should SaaS Companies Publish Customers Lists? Monday, May 22, 2017 8:53 pm
- Private Eye Allegedly Used Leaky Goverment Tool in Bid to Find Tax Data on Trump Monday, May 22, 2017 8:11 pm
- Fraudsters Exploited Lax Security at Equifax’s TALX Payroll Division Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:23 pm
- Breach at DocuSign Led to Targeted Email Malware Campaign Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:34 am
- Global ‘Wana’ Ransomware Outbreak Earned Perpetrators $26,000 So Far Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:10 pm
- Microsoft Issues WanaCrypt Patch for Windows 8, XP Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:00 pm
- U.K. Hospitals Hit in Widespread Ransomware Attack Friday, May 12, 2017 4:54 pm
- SSA.GOV To Require Stronger Authentication Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:01 pm
- Emergency Fix for Windows Anti-Malware Flaw Leads May’s Patch Tuesday Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:14 pm
- Website Flaw Let True Health Diagnostics Users View All Medical Records Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:13 am
Monthly Archives: December 2008
Here’s three free Video editors. [A] http://www.dvdflick.net Freeware, Windows 2000->Vista, 7.2MB [B] http://www.virtualdub.org/ Freeware, all Windows versions, 1.3MB [C] http://www.videospin.com/ Freeware, Windows XP, Vista, 2.3MB
Finally a resource that is pulling together owner manuals. Link
Sun xVM VirtualBox is easy to use. Why would you use it? To setup Windows XP inside of Vista to test software To load a server inside of a server (this saves money – all you do is add more … Continue reading
1 TB hard drive $79 Link 1.5 TB hard drive $129 Link Makes you wonder what technology is coming down the road. Usually when you see this happen something is just around the corner.
This program finds disk usage and maps your harddrive. The visual aid at the bottom lets you ‘see’ your hard drive. Link
Wal-Mart and other retailers may have sold digital frames with viruses. Link
Awesome IDS for your home or corporate network. Read the Installation Notes! Windows XP and Linux only at this time. BotHunter® From BotHunter’s Website: BotHunter is a passive network monitoring tool designed to recognize the communication patterns of malware-infected computers … Continue reading
Pretty cool program to view images, screen capture and edit images. Link Too bad it can’t remove my caveman forehead.
I think Twitter can serve a great purpose in communications with companies or communicating with friends. How much is too much? Well I started following a friend and evidently he tweets every move he makes! Too Much! Too Personal! Now … Continue reading
Recently I wrote several articles on TCP/IP. It amazes me that most people try to make it difficult and break out with some form of mathmatical calculations and talk bytes and bits with personnel who are green to IT / … Continue reading
Check it out. Link Good Article.
Information Technology continues to grow. Although the economy may be in a nose dive, it is important to look at survival guides such as this. Where IT jobs are headed. SlideShow Overseas jobs. Link (It is OK to leave…we’ll miss … Continue reading
If you use paypal and you are nervous about identity theft and transactions online, this may help. Link
Everyone is always asking me about the speed of their computer. Well here you go (if it is what you need!) Link
Interesting…. http://www.populartechnology.net/2005/10/ccleaner-cripples-application-load.html Credit: Cecil Although this article is an older article, many end users fail to update their software.
I recently reviewed Indeed.com only to find out that it finds more (meta job engine) than any other site. Go check it out. With this economy, any website that works better is well needed. Link
Why don’t you hear about these more? It’s not just a media center. link or this one! Link
Randall “Hat” reminds us on how dangerous technology can be. This link is to a USB 8GB drive that looks like a lighter. You will have to lock down or limit USB use when you start your career. Link How … Continue reading
Often security software such as Norton or McAfee leave files and registry entries behind. I like using revo uninstaller and the removal tools for these software suites. There is new software in Beta that is designed to do just that. … Continue reading
The Mac style flurry screensaver for Windows can be downloaded here. I’m not a big screensavers fan, but I like it.