The LMS servers and curriculum have won several awards for innovation and administration (Under TTC Shelbyville)-
Tennessee College of
2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Nominee
Hits | SV (NI)
- 2,085,558 hits
Steve’s FavoritesMicrosoft Answers -
Ask Questions-Get Answers
ARS Technica' Blog
Bill Mullins' Blog
Bits of Bytes' Blog
Brickhouse Labs is committed to learning, teaching and deploying all things technology. Coolest Gadgets
What's On My PC
- Partition your HDD to increase performance
- Test your network speed
- Block ads at your router – ADBlock and Tomato Firmware
- Cannot update to Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Update
- Bonjour, the chatty protocol
- 0xAB Bluescreen Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Increase performance on MySQL with a SSD and modifying your my.ini or my.cnf file
- Windows 10 Support Links – Tips-Tweaks
- Test Your Hard Drive Speed With Windows 7's Device Manager
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller performance issues
- Rufus USB boot and Hiren's Boot ISO
- Speed up Chrome with a ram disk
- What is core parking and should you adjust it?
- Commands in Telnet - DD-WRT and Tomato routers
- Optimize your SSD Drive
- Export VMWare Player's Virtual Machines to an OVF file
- Partition your HDD to increase performance
- Red X on network icon - Windows 7
- CVE-2013-4440 (pwgen)Password Generator (aka Pwgen) before 2.07 generates weak non-tty passwords, which makes it easier for context-dependent attackers to guess the password via a brute-force attack.
- CVE-2013-4442 (pwgen)Password Generator (aka Pwgen) before 2.07 uses weak pseudo generated numbers when /dev/urandom is unavailable, which makes it easier for context-dependent attackers to guess the numbers.
- CVE-2013-7401The parse_request function in request.c in c-icap 0.2.x allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a URI without a " " or "?" character in an ICAP request, as demonstrated by use of the OPTIONS method.
- CVE-2013-7402 (c-icap)Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in request.c in c-icap 0.2.x allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a crafted ICAP request.
- CVE-2014-2026 (intrexx_professional)Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the search functionality in United Planet Intrexx Professional before 5.2 Online Update 0905 and 6.x before 6.0 Online Update 10 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the request parameter.
- CVE-2013-4440 (pwgen)
- Android anti-virus antivirus apple Business cloud computing College Computer computer hardware computer repair Computers computer security computer technology Computer Utilities downloads Droid Education facebook Firefox freeware google hackers Hacking Hardware higher ed higher education Information Technology Internet Internet Explorer internet security iPad iphone IT K-12 laptops Law Life Linux mac Malware Microsoft microsoft office microsoft windows microsoft windows 7 network networking Network Security News PC School Security Server 2008 Software spyware TBR Technology Tennessee Ubuntu VirtualBox virtualization Virus Viruses Vista web Web 2.0 Windows windows 7 Windows 8 windows server windows utilities Windows Vista Windows XP Wireless wireless networking XP
- Governor Haslam Announces Workforce Development Grant Recipients goo.gl/rKx16K 1 week ago
- The 2014 Graduation ceremony took place December 5th, 2014. Look for the video and pictures on our website this week. http://t.co/j3p1RwmKyW 1 week ago
- Tim Lawrence, Executive Director SkillsUSA interview #SkillsUSA youtube.com/watch?v=xrj3Qr… 3 weeks ago
- Visit our website - tcatshelbyville.edu 1 month ago
- Instagram pics from TN Promise instagram.com/tnpromise 1 month ago
Category Archives: Ubuntu
When you are networking computers, wireless access points, printers and other nodes in multiple rooms, try to avoid daisy-chaining switches or using small 4-8 port switches when you are in a hurry. Replace any hubs on your network as soon … Continue reading
What if you want an IDS system that monitors malicious activities and provides you with logs (Network Security Monitoring) and graphs to help protect your network? And what if you want an easy setup that provides you with information that … Continue reading
This post is for educational purposes and any use of these tools against a network without explicit permission could be illegal. Metasploit is designed to identify weaknesses in networks and hardware/software on a network. Do NOT use metasploit for … Continue reading
Here’s one of the smallest, feature packed and powerful routers for under $30. The NetShair Nano by iogear offers some of the most features money can buy. Here’s how it works (interactive). (Thanks Jeremy for bringing it in!) Compact … Continue reading
If websites are not appearing correctly, connections time out or if you cannot find a computer on a network, you may need to flush the DNS cache. Here’s how to do it- Microsoft Windows – Go to a command prompt … Continue reading
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) – celebrated every October – was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. Free Security Check … Continue reading