If you cannot gain access to a computer even though you shared out a folder, you may have to open the registry and perform the following actions on the destination computer.
- Click start->run then type regedit.
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache and set the registry key to “1“.
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size and set the registry key to “3“.
- Click start->run then type services.msc. Restart server services.
- Try accessing the Windows 7 shared folder again from the opposite machine.
- Restart PC if problem still exists.