Some experts say existence of complex credit card fraud black market a sign that PCI isn’t effectiveFBI Credit Card Ring Bust Exposes PCI Challenges – Dark Reading.
Originally posted on What's On My PC:
The horse here being Microsoft, via the Windows blog… I do believe Microsoft has realized that the world of computer technology is quickly changing and there are now strong competitors to their market which they had such a hold on.
Starting at general availability, if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the “add features” option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade
Read more details about the upgrade [ HERE ] .
If you receive “There’s no user specified settings to be reset” when running a netsh reset, open services.msc and make sure the IP Helper service is started and set to Automatic.
If this fails to work, follow the instructions here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
Summary to get IPv6 working -
- Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue .
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters \
- Double-click DisabledComponents to modify the DisabledComponents entry.Note If the DisabledComponents entry is unavailable, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Edit menu, point to New , and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value .
- Type DisabledComponents , and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DisabledComponents .
- Type any one of the following values in the Value data: field to configure the IPv6 protocol to the desired state, and then click OK :Below is our recommendation for getting IPv6 into a state where it will work
Type 0×01 to disable IPv6 on all tunnel interfaces. These include Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP), 6to4, and Teredo.
Return to the registry after the reboot and change the value of 0×01 to 0